Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Good deal for SUNSET ON THE CLIFFS .... Should I push the button?

User Info Menu

Good deal for SUNSET ON THE CLIFFS .... Should I push the button?

I'm splitting my stay this coming January, and I can get a room at SUNSET ON THE CLIFFS for 72 per night, all in .... It's a nice deal, but I've never toured the property. Any feedback about this place???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    I'm splitting my stay this coming January, and I can get a room at SUNSET ON THE CLIFFS for 72 per night, all in .... It's a nice deal, but I've never toured the property. Any feedback about this place???
    BTW, I see there are also rooms available for $1,394 per night at Little Waters On The Cliff Villa Negril. The place does not include breakfast, but there is free wireless!!!

User Info Menu

I stayed there before the renovations and new ownership, back when it was Coral Seas on the Cliffs, and thought it was really nice. The rooms are very spacious, the beds comfortable, and the views are fantastic, both from the rooms and from the Bar/Restaurant area. It's a pretty cool place to hang for a day, have done so even when not staying there, and am definitely planning on checking out their new diving platform by the sea when I get back.

User Info Menu

gerry123: Don't do it!! I stayed there for far less than $72/night and would NEVER go back! Here's my tripadvisor reveiw: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ECK_RATES_CONT
    Oh, and wifi only worked by the pool/bar.

User Info Menu

I stayed for a week in Dec 2010 for a similar price, with breakfast included. I enjoyed the breakfast, but did not eat any other meals there. The pool and bar area is kept clean. We swam in the pool a few times, and also the sea. The staff was nice, and a tip was always received with thanks and a smile. Can't beat the ocean view rooms for the price. They have an in room safe, we were not charged extra to use it. You can rent a mini fridge for an extra ten US a day. The property had some peeling paint on some of the exterior buildings when we were there, but the rooms were in good shape. The beds were comfortable. I rented a scooter from Gas (just by Blue Cave Castle), and at night I would just roll the scooter down by the room for the night. There is no gate on the parking lot out front, so I thought I would do this, just so nobody messed with the scooter through the night. I would think you would be happy with the place for the price you mentioned.

User Info Menu

wi have heard conflicting stories on here about the new lady that leased the property from Mr Jackson.........
    personally the place wouldn't be mi first choice as there is a lot of competition for your dollar........
    and mi have stayed there when it was Coral Seas......mi like it back then but the new lady wasn't in the picture
    wata side on the Cliffs like Blue Cave Castle, Moonlight Villas, Banana Shout or Home Sweet Home might be the ticket....
    on the roadside you can't go wrong with SeaStar Inn especially if you are traveling solo.........
    also roadside on the Cliffs you have Xtabi, Oasis and Catcha Gardens are fine choices........
    most of the places mi mentioned are guest friendly......always best to ask before booking........

places like SamSara, Westender, Negril Escape, etc I would steer you away from for one reason or another.......
    usually because of price........SamSara rates look good but they nickel and dime you..........
    and Westender is so far removed from anything that you might as well be in the Witness Protection Program

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Thanks Marko
    just the type of info i was needing. I kinda booked a trip the week before the seastar reopens (well my last 2 nights will be at the seastar for the grande reopening) and was looking for bargains in october.

Cheers

User Info Menu

Not trying to hijack, but I got Mariners (nice room, AC, fridge, porch, great beach) in January for 6 nights for $500 flat rate. They started at $100 a nite...now it's $83 per.

Did I get the best price I could have?

I am staying at SeaStar for 5 days prior to heading down to the beach...

User Info Menu

i can get Mariner's for 62! Should I do it????

if you check travbuddy.com, you can get some SICK deals -- some of them even by mistake, but the hotels always honor them .... the prices are a bit higher than usual this coming january, so I was also thinking of just reserving for one night (coming in late), then getting on the scooter and wheeling and deal the next morning .... unless i can get an amazing deal.
    Last edited by gerryg123; 09-27-2011 at 03:54 PM.