Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Point Village

User Info Menu

Point Village

Has anyone stayed at Point Village recently? I understand they are privately owned now. Where is it exactly?

User Info Menu

Point Village is here http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=poin...,0.021136&z=16 I've never stayed but it is/was very popular with British families, I think your right about them now being privately owned as they are no longer listed on any uk travel agent sites,

Its worth checking trip advisor etc BUT bare in mind that trip advisor is under investigation by UK govt dept that deals with adverts and false claims

User Info Menu

We used to stay at Point Village all the time when it was a hotel. The property is beautiful with nice rock pools and private beaches. At the moment the Hotel portion is no longer open but it's still a well maintained private condo complex. We have friends with condo's there. If you want to rent a flat or 2 bedroom condo there, it's still possible, but the quality goes from really good to lousy depending on which unit you rent. I recall waking up early every morning and walking to the rock pool area to watch the stingray family swim back and forth, it's amazing.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Point Village

I stayed here last year, and return to visit folks there each time I am back. I would stay everytime if it was closer to town as I like to walk everywhere. My personal opinion is this property itself is the best in Negril, the units are from bad to excellent depending on owner. I was never here when this was up and going as an AI but I would have been hooked. The walk is doable but not as easy as downtown. It's secluded nude beach is connected to Hedonism, it is right across from Booby Cay island. In my opinion it is a great place for families with tons of room to roam and things to see. Private owners are leasing but make sure you get a solid recomendation. Tennis, basketball, caves, natural rock pools, family beach and seperate guarded nude beach with blocked view of rooms.

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

Stayed there years ago when it was an AI really nice property.

User Info Menu

Its pretty much as other have said. We stayed here regular when i was an AI and just fell in love with the place. Would sill be going now but it works out so expensive from he UK to do flights/ accommodation separate compared to packages. However its my dream to get back here with a group of family and friends and really party with the place to ourselves.

Joe Trinidad - like you we used to love watching he stingrays first think on a morning , just used to sit and chill, feeling blessed that we were in heaven on earth.
    Last edited by Buff; 09-25-2011 at 09:05 AM.

User Info Menu

Recent Returns from Point Village

Has anyone been to Point Village recently and rented from there? I realize it is pretty much privately owned units. Some get rented out by
    their individual owners. Any suggestions for contacts. What is the property like now? I am not a swimmer, so how is the beach for this area? I do like walking the beach and going in the water though. What food spots are near by? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Please see the post you started yesterday -there are many answers already there that will help!

http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...=point+village
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

The Point Village is one of the most beautiful properties on the Negril Beach. We honeymooned there some 20 years ago and have returned every year since. We have bought a suite there and try to make it down least twice a year.

It was about 1/3 private suites and 2/3 hotel suites. The hotel has left but all suites are privately owned and all owners are still paying fees to keep up with the grounds, pool, and beach. At night it is very quiet. You can go to sleep hearing nothing but the waves hitting the shore. This is absolutely the best, as you can still go down the beach for some action, but sleep to nothing more than the sound of the ocean and the geckos. The Point Village is on a point so you have ocean on 3 sides. It is gated and secure. My wife gets up every morning before it gets to hot and runs a few laps around the property in total security as no vehicles are allowed.

It is a ways from town and getting to know a licenced red plate driver is a must. For the people that like to walk the beach, you will find it OK. We walk almost every day. Sometimes just going as far as the Sunbeach Bar (about 1 hour) and sometimes all the way into town, which take about 2 hours. Not forgetting stops along the way for a red stripe and/or lunch.

Here are a few pictures. The last one is the view from our balcony.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

User Info Menu

brownsd54, thanks for the great photos. It looks amazing. Would like to find a rental there for a 4 week stay, (2 Adults- non smoking) mid November to mid December, 2011. Thanks everyone for your posts.