Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What can anyone tell me about Cotton Tree Place

User Info Menu

What can anyone tell me about Cotton Tree Place

So I have to admit all the negative comments about Summerset have me worried, so I am looking at Cotton Tree Place again, but I want to some feedback on the place and if anyone can tell me about the hotel and the location.

User Info Menu

I met a group of guys from Germany at Xtabi last year that were staying there. They said it was nce, good place to sleep. They spent alot of time hanging around Xtabi. It was fine with them. So if you aren't looking to hang around where you're staying, if it's just a place to sleep, sounded just fine. I personally haven't been there though

User Info Menu

I have never been but it was a place recommended to me by several boardies as a cheap safe affordable place to stay.I was going to stay there but chose elsewhere due to lack of amenities as I wanted a bit more things for the children to do.Looks fine to me

User Info Menu

I would call it one of those places with a strange vibe, at least that was my feeling as I went to check the place out.

User Info Menu

well I know both places pretty well and Cotton Tree would be okay for a short stay......
    however an extended stay would get old der........
    you have to look at Cotton Tree like it's a place to sleep......
    gotta be a reason wi never hear about it on here.........
    so there really isn't a lot to Cotton Tree and Summerset Village has it's own likkle village/oasis.........
    mi think Summerset is a step up over Cotton Tree.......
    Cotton Tree is strictly budget accommodations.......
    and security wise I would think Summerset Village would be the better bet out of the two........
    you should not even be concerned of Summerset Road as I never heard of any problems der.......ever
    the problems you hear about are the more densely populated areas like downtown(mi kinda think of Cotton Tree of being downtown) or the beach..........

maybe you should decide when you reach there........
    get a room for one night and then go scout out places....

every reach I check out a new place or two or three for mi next reach.........
    has always worked for this guy

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Last edited by Marko; 09-26-2011 at 05:39 AM.
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

As I alluded to in a previous (more infamous) thread. YOU have to try dat cap on to see if it fits YOU. Asking opinions and getting information only goes so far. Who will you blame when dat cap hangs big on your head or is so tight it cuts off the circulation to your brain? Everyplace has it's goods and bads....its positives and negatives. I could get a room at the infamous Taj Mahal in India but if the rooms were pink in color.... that would be a major negative!

Perhaps you should heed Marko's sage advice
    maybe you should decide when you reach there........ get a room for one night and then go scout out places....
    Peace and Guidance

User Info Menu

Sorry I made a mistake-after checking the map it was not cotton tree that boardies recommended it was infact croton grove which may be worth you checking out
    cotton tree is also quite desolate I remember walking to cotton tree to have a quick look on my last trip and I did not particularly like the location as it is next to shops but not next to other hotels and has a large wide open space at the front that I did not see any security at.That said it was convenient for the shops but I would ask about security
    Sorry I got the names mixed up

User Info Menu

Lol! TiCtoc, same here!! Wrong place, sooooo sorry negrilaholic! It was Croton Grove I was speaking of as well!!

User Info Menu

Croton Grove Cottages would not be a bad choice for an extended stay, better than Cotton Tree.
    It's on the corner of West End Road /Ella Drive which is a nice neighborhood.
    And it's your own place with A/C, veranda and kitchen.
    Contact the owner Everton for rates at (876) 531-0231 / (876) 885-7825 crotongrovecottages@hotmail.com

User Info Menu

I have tried to email croton grove before but it was bounced back to me as undeliverable and I have a phone that can't call to Jamaica, it's a cricket phone, but when I pay the phone bill next month will see about how much it would cost to make calls to Jamaica and if it is possible with my phone. I am going to give Summerset a shot of at least a few days and see how it works out, but want to have a backup place just in case.