Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ** on-site Trip Report ~~ Saturday ...... 06/13

User Info Menu

Re: ** on-site Trip Report ~~ Saturday ...... 06/13

love your posts . . . educational!!

User Info Menu

Hi Smith, hope you haven't worn out your welcome at your host's place. You're messing with the man's property (door, electrician, paint) and you are not his brother, his son or his woman. It took me a couple years to understand the sense of this.

His yard, his rule, avoid friction with non-family men = peace in the yard.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Hi Smith, hope you haven't worn out your welcome at your host's place. You're messing with the man's property (door, electrician, paint) and you are not his brother, his son or his woman. It took me a couple years to understand the sense of this.

I think maybe you mis-read those parts. Seemed to me he was just lending a hand with a project that the landlord's "from foreign" girlfriend wanted done.

User Info Menu

LOL
    LOL
    LOL

Lola,
    i *hear* you
    and
    unna-stand
    your *point-of-view*

BUT,
    THAT
    is NOT an *issue*,,, trus mi

:-)

stay tuned
    ...i'll be posting more which may give YOU some *insight*
    .......as you are WELL-aware, there's a LOT that isn't *spell-ed out*, for various *reasons*, especially because of the nature of the internet, this-board, etc etc.

over the years,
    i've been *walking* a ridiculous-ly TIGHT-line with my posts,
    ....almost like walking on egg shells.
    .........but thankfully, the feed-back i've gotten from numerous Ja-*residents* on & off-island, in Negril/Westmoreland/Hanover has been a consistant:::>>>> """Bill, ...Thanks,,, KEEP doing whatcha doing...'''

Stay-tuned, Lola
    ....there might be a couple of up-coming posts which may *clarify* some *issues* [[[[ time permitting ]]]]
    .........better-yet::::>>> as has happened in the past::::>>>> YOU & I can/should sit down and take a likkle-time and chat/*reason* ---- at that time, i can fill-in a few *blanks* that I can't post

in closing:::>>>> it's gonna take $IGNIFICANT-ly more than the things you mentioned (above), for me to '''wear-out-my-welcome'''

'member::::>>> nobody wanna kill the doctor-bird with the golden-egg$, na tru
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smith744 View Post

Lola,
    i *hear* you
    and
    unna-stand
    your *point-of-view*
    Cool. Ohh smith the things we could talk about! Hope you can make a winter visit, and stay a month or more.

TAH: I get what you are saying, because that is our from-foreign perspective.

(FYI, Smith was not doing for the LL's girlfriend)

Jamaicans can be long-suffering and NOT say what they are thinking. But if you ask them, they will tell you.

Example: I asked a couple young-er women to accompany me to Sav. When I was looking at mattresses, I asked the sales assistant if I could lie down, she said yes and pulled back the spread at the foot of the bed, so my feet would go on the plastic covering. After I laid there a minute I asked my friends, "No Jamaican would do this, would they?" They laughed and said NO, Never!! (as far as their experience goes, anyway)

User Info Menu

They laughed and said NO, Never!! (as far as their experience goes, anyway)
    NOW THAT
    last-likkle-bit
    is soooooooooooosooooooooooooooooo IMPORTANT....!!!...

'cause just like in ANY other country, place, town, city, state, municipality, blah blah blah,
    there're sooooooooooooooo many ''''...Jamaican *experiences*....'''''

PJ, Seaga & Portia got one *experience*
    my landlord and some my Lucea-country-neighbors got another
    Butch Stewart another
    Beenie Man, VibeKartel another
    school teacher, electrician, my-Lucea-mentor, got another
    doctor, lawyer, from-India-guy got another
    and on and on and on

and let's not leave out the China-man's *experience*
    be hapPpy

Administrator

User Info Menu

Cool. Ohh smith the things we could talk about! Hope you can make a winter visit, and stay a month or more.

TAH: I get what you are saying, because that is our from-foreign perspective.

(FYI, Smith was not doing for the LL's girlfriend)

Jamaicans can be long-suffering and NOT say what they are thinking. But if you ask them, they will tell you.

Example: I asked a couple young-er women to accompany me to Sav. When I was looking at mattresses, I asked the sales assistant if I could lie down, she said yes and pulled back the spread at the foot of the bed, so my feet would go on the plastic covering. After I laid there a minute I asked my friends, "No Jamaican would do this, would they?" They laughed and said NO, Never!! (as far as their experience goes, anyway)
    Spot on Lola! You nailed it. We have seen this more times than we like to admit.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Gosh I enjoy your post~~!!!!! PLEASE continue!
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Smith... I only have 15 nights in Jamaica- 8 in Ochi, 7 in Negril.

To say that I *loved* my time in Negril is an understatement only I can understand...

It has been so interesting to read your posts...

Eventually I will get away from the Beach, but the sea calls to me and the sand tells her what to say...

I will see the country, in good time

In the meantime, I enjoy to know more and more...

Many thanks for your unique perspective

Love and respect
    Mel