Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Negril ! :)

User Info Menu

Oh you rented!!?Details tell us!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Manda81 View Post
    All is good i've rented
    -Thats kinda risky,for really not knowning the roads very well.IMO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Glad to know you are having good time (I knew you would be OK ... have you heard from Andre (I am worried about him - anyone who signs on to help in Haiti is good in my book)!

One Love (and drive carefully)

User Info Menu

As a first timer to Jamaica and driving? Good luck. Take it easy.

User Info Menu

So glad you are having a good time, how could you not! I rented a motorcycle and rode on the roads there--just be hyper-vigilant--JA drivers seem to have different road rules when it comes to passing, speeding, staying in their lane etc. I think you will be fine. I am totally psyched that after your worries you are having a great stay--that is how it should be!

User Info Menu

Lucky Manda, wish I was there...I know you are lovin it! nuttin like Cuba eh??well except for the beaches!! both out of this world! Have a blast, take lots of pic's be safe! and enjoy!
    I drove for the first time too, I did'nt like it but I did it! and the round about made me nervous, hell it makes me nervous in my own city! I just wanted to close my eyes and go!! but it was an experience to say the least! Just more practise and I have a great teacher.

User Info Menu

I'm glad you are there and enjoying it alot. Please remember to use common sense in a foreign country. I wanna hear about it in your trip report. I hope it all is IRIE!!

User Info Menu

Not that I am recommending a first timer do it, but I ONLY rent "friends" vehicles. Most of the time they are motorcycles, but several times I've taken friend's cars to pick up people up in Negril and Mobay. I'm about to head to JA for 6 weeks and already secured a nice new Honda 125 for the whole time, the price was $125 for a laptop off Craigslist. Bought another one for the same price that I'm selling for $350. Once you know the country and make some good friends, life and getting around is EASY in JA. I also don't think the driving is THAT crazy, I've seen much worse in other developing countries. I think it's actually alot of fun because I get to drive like they do, can't do that here in the US or they'll take my license again... I hope you're having a blast Manda! Enjoy JA!

User Info Menu

I'm glad for you that you are having a good time..knew you would, and am looking forward to a trip report when you get back.

User Info Menu

Did you rent a car and found someone to drive it for you? If so, it sounds like you and Jamaica are a fit. I do hope you give us a report when you return. I love hearing about first time experiences.