Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Port Antonio Hotels - HELP!!!! All suggestions welcome!

User Info Menu

Re: Port Antonio Hotels - HELP!!!! All suggestions welcome!

Adding to what has already been mentioned......Bayview Villa is an option as well. nice large pool, bar and nice lush surroundings and rooms with a/c. Not far from town. Ivanhoe Guest House is in town no pool, no bar but a/c and priced well they will do a cook to order breakfast for you if you wish.

User Info Menu

Holy cow! You guys are AWESOME! Thanks to you both, J'bug and Vi! This is great information! Let me know what you think when you come back from your trips now and in November. We are really excited to get out of our cozy Negril box and try something different. I just knew this board would come through with great tips and advice! Frenchman's Cove is so gorgeous. It truly is. San San looks lovely, too! Very different with the coves versus the looooooong beach in Negril!

We had heard the cabs were scarce - thanks for sorting us out on that rumour. We were thinking of getting a car just for the PA part of the trip. They're quite reasonable @ USD39/day, HOWEVER - and it'a a big one - there is a $90 pick up fee for PA. You can get a lot of taxis for $90 in 3 days. But just to do due diligence, what are your thoughts on getting a car there? I wouldn't want to do the Negril-PA trip by self-driven car - too many goats on the highway! LOL! I've done moose-spotting duty on a cross Canada drive, but goats on the highway is not in my skillset!

Again, thanks for your awesome advice! You guys ROCK!
    Last edited by M&G Montreal; 07-23-2015 at 10:20 PM. Reason: booboos! I should really proofread BEFORE I reply!

User Info Menu

Sorry, Sammyb! I didn't see your post. Thanks so much for our advice, too! You guys are great!

User Info Menu

so you would use the vehicle for the three days in Portland, not to get there or back? if so, that's 207.00 before all of those crazy taxes I would say for that amount you could hire a driver to be on call for three days. I think renting a car is a good idea but only when it's cost effective, like using the vehicle for your transfers to and from Portland. Route taxis will not be an issue except at night and you will have secured a driver to call by then or call Kemar or Warren for your evening outings

Kemar McKenzie 876-891-6171 dainianm@gmail.com
    Warren McKenzie 876-883-9081 wgam84@yahoo.com

User Info Menu

ok. i'm a woman, driven all over jamaica alone. the first time was a bit scary but after that it was a piece of cake.
    there is no point getting a car just for there like sammy says.
    best option is to get a car in mobay and return it to mobay.
    private taxis are not cheap anywhere in jamaica, especially if you want to do nightlife. it's pretty wide open in portland.
    once you drop the car at the airport in mobay you can venture out to negril.

User Info Menu

When there are 2 of us in Portland it is much easier to get a cab, with four it was a challenge esp at night. Just something to keep in mind. Taxis do not seem to ever be empty when they pass me in Portland