Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any recommended drivers in the PA area?

User Info Menu

Re: Any recommended drivers in the PA area?

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    probably not . . . i have not met any red plate private drivers in pa . . . anyone else? . . .

very few

no, they are not red plate

User Info Menu

Actually there are a lot of red plate drivers. But they generally park at the taxi stand and load up before traveling the route. Where in Negril, they drive up and down looking for passengers. I rode with about 3 but only saved the information for the gentleman below..

This is a JUTA tour driver I hired when I was in Port Antonio earlier this month.

Sherman Roberts
    shermanroberts.jutatour@yahoo.com

He's very reliable and professional. I had to be at the bus before 6:45 AM. He was at my hotel at 6:15 and it only takes 5 minutes to get to there. He has a really nice van and just loves driving tourist around. He's been doing it for years. He really impressed me.

User Info Menu

Thanks *vi*. BTW I've read all your posts and have seen your pictures. They were both very helpful when deciding; where do we want to visit next? We really can't wait.

User Info Menu

bigbamboo, I'm glad my posts helped in some way. I'm also happy more people are considering Portland. The things I write and the pictures I post don't come close to revealing the true beauty and vibe of that part of Jamaica. And now with Knutsford bus going there, making it affordable for a 1 or 2 nite sneek-in, I'm hoping more would experience Portland for themselves. ENJOY!!