Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to get the best conch?

User Info Menu

Where to get the best conch?

I am wondering where the best place to eat conch is?

User Info Menu

Great fresh conch at Seastar - once cooked up it was delicious!!!!

Name:  Negril March 2010 058 (Medium).JPG
Views: 322
Size:  59.1 KB

User Info Menu

I make a MEAN conch ceviche. Aside from my own - Sips and Bites and the conch burgers at Xtabi.

User Info Menu

there is a stand just outside of Sav that is infamous for their Conch..........
    it's inexpensive and some of the best Conch I've ever had........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I remember getting conch fritters from Seastar..yummy! And there was a place that made a mean conch soup but can't remember if it was LTU or another place on the cliffs..

User Info Menu

the Conch Soup at Chicken Lavish is probably the best in Negril............

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

The curried conch at Chicken Lavish is also good. Kuyaba used to make a coconut curried conch that was quite simply the best thing I ever ate but it hasn't been on the menu for years. The reason why is because it was made by Teddy who worked there then. He now is chef and owner of Teddy's Hideaway at the Blue Cave Castle. He will make it by request and everything he makes is awesome.

Bon Appetit

User Info Menu

That place just outside of Sav that Marko mentioned. It is like a truck stop for locals. A guy steams conch and fish that have been seasoned, stuffed with greens, wrapped in aluminum foil, and steamed in butter and fish juice. The steam table is about three feet wide and six or eight feet long with a two inch lip all the way around and heated by charcoal. If I remember correctly, each foil pack costs around 150J, and without doubt, is the best conch EVER!

User Info Menu

Pilots cafe on the beach had delicious conch. Also coconut International.

User Info Menu

Cosmo's has delicious fried conch bits and conch soup.