Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 32 Days until Calabash Bay for us!!!

User Info Menu

Re: 32 Days until Calabash Bay for us!!!

hey_mon,
    You will love Treasure Beach. Don't know Katamah but bet it is a great spot. TB is much different than Negril and has it's own kind of beauty and charm. If you want to do day trips you can or just hang out and enjoy the day. I have stayed at Sunset Resort & Villa's and always a lot of Canadians stay there. The guy who owns the place, Kory South is very helpful so you should stop by for a drink or try their food. Two doors down is Jakes and Jack Sprat two very popular spots in TB.
    The Appleton Estate Tour is worth it and their gift shop has some rums that I have not seen offered anywhere else for sale so if you are big on rum it is a fun visit, about 2 hours from TB.

All the best!!

User Info Menu

We are actually planning to try to watch NFL games at Sunset Resort on Sunday, as we will be at Doubloon, right up the beach. We heard a rumor that Sunset Resort will show NFL games at the bar if you ask. Anyone ever do this?

User Info Menu

Hoping for the quieter vibe you used to find in Negril!!! Seems like a good way to end a three week stay on the island ��
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Yes Treasure Beach will be a nice spot to close three 3 weeks down. 1975 was my first visit to Negril and JA. Lot's have changed since then but that goes for everywhere I guess.

User Info Menu

We spent a week in TB in April, and absolutely loved it. Much more laid back than Negril. Can't answer most of your questions,
    but you need to stop for your case beer before arriving in TB. I couldn't find it anywhere. In fact I would stop for all supplies before TB.
    On the trip from Mobay - stop at Border Jerk up in the mountains - best jerk I've had so far in Jamaica.
    Don't miss Eggy's bar on Frenchman's Beach. If you like Pelican, you'll like Eggy's.
    We didn't eat out all that often, but a couple of places worth mentioning are Frenchman's Reef, and right across the road from Frenchman's is Diners
    Delight. Great meals for about $500J, and nice outdoor dining area. Also, Pardee's has a great omelet for breakfast.

User Info Menu

I think you will enjoy Treasure Beach - Dubloon looks really nice! We have been renting a villa near Billys Bay for the last few years. We always stop in Black River and stock up - water, beer, rum, wine, snacks - we let the villa cook do the bulk of the food stuff, but anything else we want we usually pick up. Especially the drinks - the cook will have to take a route taxi to Black River to purchase your food and then haul everything back. I feel it is easier if we have a driver and room to load up the trunk or back of van with the heavier stuff. I cannot remember if they have Titos there or not - I am thinking they do, but cannot say for sure. You may be able to pick it up at the airport?

Happy Birthday and have a great time!

User Info Menu

Don't eat at Frenchmans Reef. I got wicked food poisoning there that incapacitated me for over a week.

User Info Menu

Hi Rumghoul. I do think we may do the Megamart run or else stop in Black River. We will probably bring a couple of handles of Titos with us from the states. I'm sure we will have no problem getting rid of any we have left over by the end of the week. I have some unlocked cell phones, so Im thinking I'll pick up some SIMs also and loan them out to the group so we can keep track of each other.

TAH, I want no part of food poisoning. I got "something" in June that my doc thinks was a food borne illness from Puerto Rico. I was there for work, in a very nice hotel, and working in downtown San Juan, so I don't know how I got it.... Long story short, I exited June 18lbs lighter than I entered it. It's was only about three weeks ago I started to feel like it was really over, and that I was back to normal. Good news is that I'm down a total of 24lbs now, weigh less than 200 lbs for the first time in 15 years. And I'm eating a lot better.

Bad news is that I need to buy all new shorts and swimsuits for the trip. LOL...

User Info Menu

I do recommend a stop at Bluefields Beach on the way there, it isn't out of the way by much and is well worth the side trip. Especially if you get there at high tide.