Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: newbie ...excited,worried and in need of advice

User Info Menu

thanks so much im really excited now walking the beach and letting the sounds and smells sounds absolutley wonderful!!! many many thanks.annemarie

User Info Menu

thanks so much for the reply,every ones really put my mind at ease,thanks for the great tips ,one member has kindly given me the times of the web casts so i will give that a try also.thanks once again .annemarie

User Info Menu

thanks for replying,i think thats what im most looking forward to is those long beach walks.take care many thanks.annemarie

User Info Menu

thats brilliant! thanks for taking the time to send the days and times of the webcasts i will be checking them out.many thanks annemarie

User Info Menu

Your going to have a WONDERFUL Vacation!!! Take LOADS of pictuires! Have FUN~~
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Hi Annemarie
    I have been to SATP and must say it's was my least favorite vacation. I read the glowing and wonderful reviews and was ready for a nice relaxing vacation. I got absolutely boring with very little entertainment. The resort is lovely, the food fantastic, and the staff wonderful but the vibe ghostly. I did not care for the beach being across the street since I like to stroll the beach at late evening or at night. Vendors and solicitation are not what I seek for a lovely beach which was there as well. I prefer a more quiet setting on the beach not the resort. I was there in early July so I don't know how this would compare to October.

User Info Menu

Annemarie: I think SATP will be fine for a first time visit--and a good home base. That said if you want to catch some reggae shows, etc--consider taking a cab to seven mile beach--or if you end up walking the beach check for signs about entertainment. There are reggae shows at different venues in Negril different nights of the week. Since you mentioned you are not going till 2012-- Seastar Saturday nights may be happening (they are closed for renovation now). That would be a totally chill way to enjoy some reggae--and not make a super late night of it. They offer a great buffet dinner and show for something like 15 or 20 dollars, and the show includes nice roots reggae and some classics by local musicians, and a really fantastic drumming and dance show. This is also one of the webcasts that is on realnegril.com when it is happening. Definitely don't miss out on checking some of the local culture and music away from the resort. Stay tuned to this board for ideas on other things you want to do while there so you don't get too restless at SATP. I am sure your trip will be totally rejuvenating.

User Info Menu

thanks so much for taking the time to reply,i suppose i will get the hang of it when we have been there a couple of days,thanks once again,

User Info Menu

hi,i thought at the time that we are going that it might be quiet on the entertainment and i dont mind having to explore to find some good music,thanks so much for your feedback.

User Info Menu

Hi AnneMarie - you are going to love Negril. For some local live reggae, check out Alfred's Ocean Palace located on the Negril Beach. Live reggae shows on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday nights (show time 10:00 pm to 2:00 am). Great food and bar, reasonable prices, admission to the show is about $500 JA each. Attached is video of Polkadot who usually is the MC and the opening act. There are a number of other videos on youtube (just search for Alfreds Negril).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fsXXa63X9s

Enjoy your stay!