Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: negril in febuary - via a diffferent airport (kin)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by airportworker View Post
    if you have the money for it, you could fly from Kingston to Negril
    I wonder what that costs.. probably more then I would WANT to afford..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jasperpso View Post
    I wonder what that costs.. probably more then I would WANT to afford..
    Air Jamaica express fly from kingston to Negril the one i have seen is $60 one way, not sure if that is an old price, btw its 35 min flying time

User Info Menu

Shoot, if it was under 100 that's the way I would go.. will have to look into that

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by airportworker View Post
    Air Jamaica express fly from kingston to Negril the one i have seen is $60 one way, not sure if that is an old price, btw its 35 min flying time
    Yeah...I'm thinking that's a really old price...airportworker.
    I would be in Kingston regularly if that flight was available.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Yeah...I'm thinking that's a really old price...airportworker.
    I would be in Kingston regularly if that flight was available.
    I agree, that sounds way to good to be true, however the 35 min flight would be awesome.. who books these flights? Any online quoting? I might go as high as say 150$ for convenience..

User Info Menu

Last time I did the KIN-Negril drive it took 4 hours. Really only 2 1/2 more than it would be from MoBay. I say go for it.

It's a lovely drive too, through the city to the new toll highway then through some interesting towns then mountains and finally along the south coast for awhile. Add an hour or two and make some nice stops along the way....maybe some jerk on Spur Tree Hill or a detour down to Little Ochi in Alligator Pond or into Mandeville or a boat ride on Black River or a nice swim at Font Hill or something. Call it a tour day and enjoy the ride.

If you love Kingston you can stay longer, or plan a longer visit next time.

If you are looking to save $ and not hire a private driver, this would be a nice alternative:

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...uto/auto5.html

There's a contact phone # at the bottom, in the comments. It looks rather like the Knutsford Express to me (which you could also take from New Kingston to MoBay for about the same $ and then have Clive's bring you to Negril, still cheap at under $50 altogether). This south coast express service is new and I don't know anyone who has used it yet, though.
    Last edited by ohliz; 09-28-2011 at 05:45 PM.

User Info Menu

There are scheduled flights between Kingston and MoBay - about $70 or a little less, I think. Air Jamaica and a small airline. Then drive to Negril. A flight to Negril would be very expensive for one person.

Remember to factor in time getting to the airport, although you could eat fresh fish in Port Royal and be at the airport quickly from there. Time getting your luggage in Mo Bay, getting your ride, and another hour+ to Negril. I would consider the bus as a very good alternative, the cheapest you will be able to do it.

I've only heard good things about the Knutsford Express, if that is who is doing the South Coast route.
    I would encourage the Kingston trip - just as you have it planned. You'll be just fine. I spent quite a bit of time over 4 years as a solo woman in Kingston when I was working on a Medical project. I had a trusted driver to help watch over me, but I never felt unsafe.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Marcia View Post
    I've only heard good things about the Knutsford Express, if that is who is doing the South Coast route.
    It's a different company from what i gather. I'll vouch for the Knutsford any day but they don't do a south coast rote anymore.

User Info Menu

That sounds perfect Ohliz, thanks for the link.. 2200j is reasonable for sure.. even says the bus has WiFi..

User Info Menu

Does anyone know how long the South Coast bus takes to get to Kingston?