Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Exactly 14 years ago while living in Billy's Bay, Treasure Beach at Irie Rest

User Info Menu

Exactly 14 years ago while living in Billy's Bay, Treasure Beach at Irie Rest

Whenever September 11th comes around, I always get a vivid memory of September 11th 2001 while living in Jamaica.

I wrote a little story about that day that I like to revisit to remind me of how close Jamaica and the United States were when these horrible events unfolded.....
    http://www.negril.com/discus/message...tml?1283290994

Lest we ever forget.
    Peace and Guidance

Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Re: Exactly 14 years ago while living in Billy's Bay, Treasure Beach at Irie Rest

I was working at New Jersey Institute of Technology in Newark, less than 10 miles away from the WTC. We went up to the roof of the parking deck and saw it happen. ;(

That afternoon I drove back to Pennsylvania, and I cannot tell you how many fire trucks and ambulances I passed that were heading North towards NYC.

Thanks for your story Accompong.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.