Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: carpet in Jamaica? curious???

User Info Menu

carpet in Jamaica? curious???

Met a very nice man today at my work, he is from St.Anne here on a work permit, which was so nice to see, he is a carpet installer..I have never seen carpet in Jamaica, do some homes actually have carpet?

User Info Menu

we have never saw many, I would think all the natural fibers would be out, as with the Humidity so high, maybe like Rayon or such would work
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

FDR Pebbles in Falmouth had carpet in the rooms! Not sure why?

User Info Menu

I'm thinking maybe the AI properties like Sandals would have carpet in the rooms for those folk that want that 'home away from home feeling' although I don't get why!

User Info Menu

The TS units at the Beach Club had carpet years ago (mid-late 80's). Thankfully it was removed & replaced w/ tile.

User Info Menu

Moisture and mold I would assume is the reason carpet isn't used.
    Last edited by x l ent; 09-29-2011 at 12:34 PM.

User Info Menu

Ah yes Tile............."nothing slicker in the Universe then Negril Tile when "damp".....lolName:  surreal beach.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  94.7 KB

"SLEET BEACH"
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Aweome picture Rambo! I know tehre is a resort in Bahamas that has carpet in every room and they are right on the beach!! kinda gross!! with sand and everything!

User Info Menu

Gran Bahia Princepe in Runaway bay has carpet in all the hallways, really ugly LasVegas style stuff!

User Info Menu

I've seen many homes with carpeting - one with carpeting and beautiful velvet drapes - in Mandeville where the climate is cooler. Mostly in the homes of very wealthy and/or returned residents who grew used to carpeting living overseas.