Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Torn Between Point Village and Negril Beach Condos

User Info Menu

Torn Between Point Village and Negril Beach Condos

Well, I narrowing it down. Point Village or Negril Beach Condos. I love walking the Seven Mile beach daily and going in the ocean but do not swim. Have stayed at Cocolapalm in the past a few years ago. The beach was awesome there. So far lots a great reviews on NBC. It is getting to decision time. Just for two adults for a relaxing getaway. We thought Seven Mile would be a great way to celebrate 39 years of marriage.
    Can hardly wait to get back to Jamaica!!

User Info Menu

Those two places are at complete opposite ends of the beach, so that could influence you which end do you prefer to walk. The grounds at Point Village are way nicer than NBCC and no one bugging you to buy any thing at the beach there. Nbcc is much closer to town and a nice piece of beach.

User Info Menu

What kind of vacation do you want?.I have been to both places.I love NBCC because its close to everything but quiet.Point Village is a perfect place if you want a laid back quiet place (romantic).No bars or resturants on grounds a little cook shop for the workers you can grab lunch from.Nice beach and also nude beach,you will feel like you have the place to yourself.It's all what you are looking for.I like NBCC but would not hesitate staying at the point and having a love-in with wifey!

User Info Menu

NBCC is much closer to Restaurants/shopping and the Round about and town centre.From what I heard about Point Village its at the far end of 7 mile beach and more isolated.So depends on what your interest is.Lots of characters at NBCC including Biggs..!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Creasemon View Post
    NBCC is much closer to Restaurants/shopping and the Round about and town centre.From what I heard about Point Village its at the far end of 7 mile beach and more isolated.So depends on what your interest is.Lots of characters at NBCC including Biggs..!!
    Hey... I resemble that - lol. Seriously, although I have never stayed at Point Village, as already stated by others, it is more private & secluded than NBCC. There is more activity at NBCC but less there than at other points along the beach. You are closer to more activities at NBCC. When I stay there I thoroughly & frequently enjoy walking the beach, usually up to Treehouse or Foote Prints. Agreeing w/ Biggs (hi!!!), both your choices are good but the decision will ultimately be determined by what you want your vacation to be. BTW... congratulations on 39 years together!

User Info Menu

Hi Yvonne & Creasemon !