Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Jamaican fusion cuisine???

User Info Menu

Jamaican fusion cuisine???

just got a message from my daughter in Toronto that she was served at "Mr Jerk" by a little Chinese lady! Got me thinking. Has anyone ever seen Jerk Chicken Fried rice on a menu anywhere? Or any other international culinary creations? How about Jerk beef Pierogis?? I'm hungry!! Anyone got any leftover Jerk they could send me? I'll make a Jamaican lasagna!

User Info Menu

Re: Jamaican fusion cuisine???

The previous message was highly influenced by the excruciating diet forced upon me by my desire to get my "beach physique" back. To impress no one , but merely to get into last years bathing suit.

User Info Menu

Danny serves rice & peas with gravy. That's what people want around here. Is that fusion enough?

AND, we do just happen to have some leftover jerk .... could thaw it out for you, no problem mon! We deliver!

It's our light recipe, too! It'd be fine.

Fusion? Maybe that's what Rude and Unreasonable Chicken is .....

Beach "Physique"? That's - uh - um - interesting. That's why us girl wear beach wraps. Maybe we could get you one in muted, masculine colours. Covers a lot food sins!

User Info Menu

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1733
Size:  81.8 KB
    Jerk Chicken Poutine. Thank you Jamaica!

User Info Menu

damn that looks good!!!

User Info Menu

Here you go! make your own jerk chicken fried rice! http://caribbeanpot.com/jerk-chicken-fried-rice/. Chris De La Rosa is an amazing cook who has now won awards for his cookbook. Enjoy!