Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Share a Day Trip to Accompong Town on October 22, 2015

User Info Menu

Re: Share a Day Trip to Accompong Town on October 22, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Momthor3 View Post
    Oh how I wish you would be there in Feb, this is an adventure I would love to experience......
    Unfortunately I have an obligation to be back in South Florida for at least latter January and all of February but Linston knows my best friend Marshall (whose portrait I use in my profile here) and he can arrange any type of visit you want. You might want to even consider a night or two in the town.

Marshall rents a room with two beds which includes a meal for about $30 US for the room or can help get you any other options you might like. Perhaps camping out in the Cockpits can be arranged if you desire. Lots of trails tangle through the mountains that were used by the Original Maroons in their fights with the British.
    Marshall with a visitor on a hike along the Maroon Trails
    Name:  IMG_1567.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  94.6 KB

This goes for anyone who would like to experience a different culture and a "One Family" way of life. Just contact Linston and he can arrange a trip for you.

Sorry I won't be there myself.
    Peace and Guidance

Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Oh how I wish you would be there in Feb, this is an adventure I would love to experience......
    Momthor, If you would like to do this in Feb, I would be all in, let me know.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Momthor, If you would like to do this in Feb, I would be all in, let me know.
    Hi Guys,

Just email Linston to set it up

Regards

Cap
    Last edited by captaind & Linston; 10-05-2015 at 10:35 AM.

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

This is on my list Linston - hopefully we'll see you in the new year... and Bill, thank you for a wonderful idea.
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

wow wish we were going to be there,would love to see and learn about the area, We are getting ready to make our move from northern Michigan to south florida at the end of the month. Lots of feelings we are dealing with right now,have lived here for around 50 years, excitement and a bit of sadness but we are ready, Just can't handle the cold anymore and the plus side will be much closer to Jamaica. We hope to make it back in 2017, and would love to see that area sometime esp. with a guide like you that can tell us about the history. ty for the pics

User Info Menu

Jojo this would be awesome!!

User Info Menu

Jojo this would be awesome!!
    Great, I have mentioned before I really wanted to do this, message me sometime and we will try to pick a day that will work,
    then I can e mail Linston and give him a warning....I mean a heads up .lol....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    wow wish we were going to be there,would love to see and learn about the area, We are getting ready to make our move from northern Michigan to south florida at the end of the month. Lots of feelings we are dealing with right now,have lived here for around 50 years, excitement and a bit of sadness but we are ready, Just can't handle the cold anymore and the plus side will be much closer to Jamaica. We hope to make it back in 2017, and would love to see that area sometime esp. with a guide like you that can tell us about the history. ty for the pics
    I hear you. I moved here to So. Florida from Santa Barbara, California in 1996 basically because of the cost of flights and the time it took to go back in forth usually 3 times a year. A good friend once said you need to change your living location and job every seven years so you can start fresh and put your baggage behind you. I didn't know what they meant until I finally did it. It was difficult at first but as things went forward, it got easier and more fun at the same time.

Now I am close to Ft. Lauderdale and a flight costs about $350 and only takes about an hour and twenty minutes so anytime I feel like it, I can do a Jimmy Buffett "Changes in latitude, changes in attitude". Slowly I am spending less and less time here in So. Florida and more time in Jamaica. I am even getting to enjoy the switching of places so I can get more accomplished. I am going to be working more closely with the http://www.mysticbowieculturalcenter.com/ with a goal of making the children of Accompong Town the best educated children in Jamaica. New library with thousands of donated books, high speed computers and the support of the community puts us on track to reach that goal. You can check out the book shipment at https://www.facebook.com/mysticbowie

I can proudly offer the services of my best friend "Marshall" who is a true Rastafarian and follower of Marcus Garvey to provide the guide services and assist you in making your trip the best experience possible whether I am there or off the island. He works with Linston to make each person's experience special through his knowledge of the Maroon Culture and the surrounding Cockpits.

I was a stranger when I came seeking knowledge and understanding. The Maroon Community took me in, loved me and protected me and sort of even adopted me. They opened my eyes to my ignorance and they filled my head and my heart with that knowledge and understanding. I know it is my path to pay forward what they have given me and hopefully teach and enlighten those come like me with an open heart and mind.

I hope, Jah willing, that I will be here to fulfill that destiny I have chosen to embrace.
    Name:  6-1 21.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  48.2 KB

Peace and Guidance

User Info Menu

that is great what you are doing for the children there, keep up the good work

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    that is great what you are doing for the children there, keep up the good work
    Thank you Shaggy but it is really the people like Mystic Bowie who are doing the most and I am only assisting when I am asked to help.

Usually, in Jamaica, it is money that most people ask for when they want assistance. I have found that giving money doesn't solve a problem as much as giving a solution and then assisting others to solve their own problem. For instance, a few families did not have money enough to give it to their children for a meal at school. I found out that feeding those children would cost about $300 US a month. I could have given $300 and fed those children for a month or I could organize cooperative farming and then they could grow enough food to feed those children and teach farming methods at the same time.

It is hard to help people when you only see them on a two week vacation every year and don't live among them to understand the problem first before helping. I realize that not everyone can take the time to do this but I encourage those that can take the time and make an effort to make a difference.

Peace and Guidance