Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jamaica road trip

User Info Menu

Re: Jamaica road trip

My husband and I did the trip around the island 6 times - usually did it in about 2 weeks though. The only thing we had reservations for was the rental car - just stayed wherever and never had a problem finding a room. The last time we did this was in 2005. We usually stayed in small hotels and never had a problem finding a room. Stayed outside of Montego Bay, Port Maria, Ocho Rios, Port Antonio, Bath, Morant Bay, Whitehouse/Little Culloden and in Negril. Usually stayed in about 6 or 7 different places during a 2 week trip. If our favorite place didn't have a room, they usually sent us to another hotel down the road which usually turned out to be really nice too. Had some of the best times on those trips. Kingston is kinda hard to get through though but we live in a very rural area so not used to big cities. We usually did very little driving at night though - only very short distances to go for supper. To me, its the only way to travel in Jamaica.

User Info Menu

Re: Jamaica road trip

i've done a lot of driving around and through jamaica . . . daytime drive unless i'm in a familiar area and just going out to dinner. . . . it's the only way to see jamaica at your own speed . . .