Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is a fair taxi rate from Sangster to Negril for 2?

User Info Menu

What is a fair taxi rate from Sangster to Negril for 2?

Can anyone tell us what is "the going" rate or a fair price to establish for a taxi from the airport to the Grand pineapple? The 2 of us are going in March and if anyone can add any tips as to how best to secure transportation, wing it upon landing vs. pre-arranging, driver recommendations, etc. We are the most frugal people we know if that helps
    Patrick

User Info Menu

check clives transportations web site for a shared ride,he's prompt and dependable.

User Info Menu

Private runs about 80 each way

User Info Menu

Although it is kind of nice to get a car to take you to your hotel from the airport, I like to use the JUTA Transportation Bus that you can a $20 per person price each way to your hotel and it does stop once along the way as well. You can also reserve your spot in advance if you so choose.

Peace and Guidance.

User Info Menu

80 US is still a bit on the steeper side. You can certainly get someone to do it for more like 60ish which would be cheap. Certainly for 70 US.

User Info Menu

But services stationed within the airport itself such as Premier can charge more like 90 US.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    But services stationed within the airport itself such as Premier can charge more like 90 US.
    http://www.jutatoursnegrilltd.com/co...servations.htm

I don't know about Premier or any other bus services at the airport. I specifically referenced the JUTA Bus and should have more precisely said the JUTA Tours Bus (see link above), On the form for a reservation, you will see an $18 one way one person fare.

Peace and Guidance.

User Info Menu

Juta is the least costly ride, but you sometimes have to wait until the bus fills up and that could mean waiting for another flight to land.
    Clives transport charges $20 pp for a shared ride. With Clives, you usually get a private ride even if you agree to a shared ride. I would tip another $5-6 pp..so the total cost one way would be about $50-55 for 2. Clivestransportservicejamaica.com is the link. You can rent a phone for another $20. If you are gonna need a phone....Alfreds charges $50 for 2 passengers and a phone is included, so that would a better deal. ALfred posts on this board..easy to find his link. I see no reason to pay more. I would not wait until you land. You could
    wind up paying more or going with uninsured driver. Pre-arrange for sure!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7milelover View Post
    Clives transport charges $20 pp for a shared ride.
    Clives is now $30.00us per person for a shared ride.
    To get the $20.00us shared rate...you would have to book 3 people in advance.

Kenny at Kennyjamaica@gmail.com....I believe still charges $60.00us one way for 1-3 people and includes a phone & cold beer/beverages on arrival.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 10-01-2011 at 10:31 AM.

User Info Menu

or you could find the bus for the UK and EU tourists and sneak on for a free ride