Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Don't worry about the forecast, "..I know, I know, BUT...

User Info Menu

"Don't worry about the forecast, "..I know, I know, BUT...

We come in on Tuesday for a week, and the forecast looks rough. Rain, thunderstorms every day.. somebody ease my worried mind - OR - prepare me so I can get mind right and make the most of it... How was the last week predicted, and how did it turn out?

User Info Menu

Re: "Don't worry about the forecast, "..I know, I know, BUT...

Every trip I have made to Jamaica the weather was predicted as daily storms. If you follow Jamaica weather during the year you will see this is pretty much the same forecast each day. I stopped checking the forecast and I just go and have fun. You should know at this point that even if it rains its unlikely to be an all day soaker anyways.

Just go and have fun! All will irie!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RonMon View Post
    Every trip I have made to Jamaica the weather was predicted as daily storms.
    This is seriously true. Weather forecasting in Jamaica is less accurate than it is back home. It's difficult to predict one day in advance, much less 5 days. Good news is, the rainy season is largely finished. If it rains at all, it will likely be a brief afternoon shower.

User Info Menu

I know you're both right. I've seen it time and time again on here and TripAdvisor -- someone fretting about the forecast, and those Negril regulars who with ease their concerns. I've probably even responded to some of them saying the same things. Somehow, when your OWN turn comes -- it's really hard to follow that advice! And I told myself I wasn't even going to LOOK at the forecast - but my husband started checking it a few days ago and telling me about it daily, lol. Now he's got ME worrying.

User Info Menu

It doesn't rain very long in Jamaica, and it's almost always less than an hour and most times under a half hour. Just go an enjoy yourself. My wife and I will be there for my 40th in a couple weeks!

User Info Menu

I went for my 40th back in March! Not a bad way to welcome aother decade!

User Info Menu

Rebecca, I have a friend that in Negril now, she posted a pic on facebook, and she has a beautiful tan. said a little rain here and there, but mostly beautiful!
    No worries....and don't be one of those peeps on the beach that run for cover when it rains....go in the ocean and swim ...(unless it's lightning of course)........it's the best feeling ever!!!

User Info Menu

Solid advice!

User Info Menu

make empty Red Stripe bottles?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Just got back. It poured down rain in MoBay when I got in but no rain in Negril. You can see the rain clouds up in the hills and back east towards MoBay but hot and sunny in Negril have a great time
    that which does not kill you makes you stronger