Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pics from our Visit Nov. 2015

User Info Menu

Re: Pics from our Visit Nov. 2015

Quote Originally Posted by irie always View Post
    Bigbamboo - please give more details on your adventures
    Well I'll tell you, we had an amazing time. I'll bore you with a few thoughts and a little background. My wife, the amazing Ms. Laura, and I love visiting Jamaica. I went to Negril for the 1st time in the late 80's, after my discharge from the Marine Corps, and I realized that this was someplace special. Great vibes, great fun and an amazing experience for a 22 year old kid. Then life got in the way. Raised an amazing son, got him through college, and it was time to reconnect with Jamrock. Reconnection started when I brought Ms. Laura, for the first time to Jamaica to the Riu in Negril. We did the all-inclusive for a week with off-campus trips sprinkled in. To my luck Ms. Laura loved it, loved the off campus trips better, and the game was on. So Negril was our destination for quite a few years and we did the beach, we did the cliffs, we did other places in Westmoreland and then we decided to go to the other end of the Island. Portland.

It was our first time flying into Kingston and we were stoked. Customs/immigration was a breeze. We didn't have a driver prearranged so we went with a JUTA rep at the gate and we hired a driver for a pre-fix rate ($150 US) to Portland. The driver ignored the directions we gave him to the property so we made the trip along the coastal route from Kingston to San San beach. It was an hour longer, even after a long day of air travel,but it was incredible. The views, the smells, the music (our driver had some awesome jams) made it a very enjoyable trip.

We made it to our place at dusk and Verona had brown stew chicken ready for us which was incredible. When we were done with dinner we finished our icey Red Stripes and then we crashed. After 15 hours of travel (air/ground) and a great meal,we were done. I'll update the rest of our trip shortly..
    Last edited by bigbamboo; 11-20-2015 at 10:23 PM.

User Info Menu

Here are some more pics of our trip.
    Name:  IMG_7471.jpg
Views: 1681
Size:  72.7 KBName:  IMG_7497.jpg
Views: 1605
Size:  88.3 KBName:  IMG_7532.jpg
Views: 1614
Size:  89.8 KBName:  IMG_7563.jpg
Views: 1613
Size:  90.7 KBName:  IMG_7588.jpg
Views: 1621
Size:  96.9 KBName:  IMG_7596.jpg
Views: 1589
Size:  94.6 KBName:  IMG_7606.jpg
Views: 1654
Size:  99.9 KBName:  IMG_7645.jpg
Views: 1578
Size:  99.6 KBName:  IMG_7706.jpg
Views: 1545
Size:  97.0 KB

User Info Menu

Thanks for the report and the pics bigbamboo. The scenery is to die for.....warms up this cold Canada night.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Thanks for the report and the pics bigbamboo. The scenery is to die for.....warms up this cold Canada night.
    Keep your chin up, only 5 more months of winter

User Info Menu

Beautiful!!!!

User Info Menu

bigbamboo, i love portland's scenery . . . breathtaking . . . stress free . . . thanks!!

User Info Menu

JitterBug, ever hike to top of Blue Mountain Peak??? Some stress in getting there but breathtaking at it's best!!

Name:  Blue Mountain Peak.JPG
Views: 1489
Size:  61.8 KB

User Info Menu

These picture are amazing!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Vince,

The road map to Zion

Name:  Map Of Jamaica.JPG
Views: 1797
Size:  44.5 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    JitterBug, ever hike to top of Blue Mountain Peak??? Some stress in getting there but breathtaking at it's best!!

Name:  Blue Mountain Peak.JPG
Views: 1489
Size:  61.8 KB
    no, too out of shape, . . . scared of heights but managed driving 1/2 way up two times . . .