Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Smoking Ban?

User Info Menu

Smoking Ban?

I heard that there is a smoking ban (tobacco) in Negril that is heavily enforced right now. Anyone experience this and know the details?

User Info Menu

Re: Smoking Ban?

I'm trying to think of anything "heavily enforced" in negril,,,,hmmmm, give me a minuite,tic

User Info Menu

Ha! True enough, Striper.

User Info Menu

It sounds like a good plan.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1❤MN View Post
    I heard that there is a smoking ban (tobacco) in Negril that is heavily enforced right now. Anyone experience this and know the details?
    I've read several reviews where the all inclusive hotels strictly enforce it.

User Info Menu

From Funjet's website....

JAMAICA'S TOBACCO CONTROL REGULATIONS SMOKING PROHIBITED IN THE FOLLOWING PLACES: •All enclosed places (Restaurants, bars, lobby areas and rooms) •Public transportation •Work places • Government owned and occupied buildings •Health facilities including pharmacies •Sports, athletics and recreational facilities for use by the public •Educational institutions •Areas specifically for use by children • And places of collective use such as bus stops. Persons may be fined or imprisoned....

Now, don't shoot the messenger
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

Thanks Patricia! That seems very reasonable to me.

User Info Menu

We just spend Nov2-29th in Negril, we respected any place that had signs up for no smoking areas, and restaurants and the most obvious places you just shouldn't smoke at in general..... But - to our surprise most weren't offended and encouraged on patios/restaurants.... we literally had no problems. It's all about being respectful to the people around of course, we always stood off to the side. Enjoy

User Info Menu

Well I stand corrected, however I don't do AI's and most the places I do frequent are pretty open air, I know it's pretty nice not dealing with it in the area of the states I live in(suburbs of Chicago) oddly enough though it s
    Doesn't see to be that big a deal when I am in negril,so cool