Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do Ipads or Iphones work in Negril?

User Info Menu

I know a a friend with Verizon, and her blackberry worked in negril.. I don't now what she paid in roaming, but in a pinch, it would call.. I think that's a nice bonus for u 2

User Info Menu

I never take my phone on holiday with me, for me my time in negril is to relax and forget about things at work and home, and if they need to find me (like work did on my last day) they will, mind you the front desk got a shock when a guy from airport turned up asking for me

User Info Menu

See you at Ansell's in Feb, Kritter! great rustic place.

User Info Menu

i work for a canadian cell phone co.leave those at home unless u get a large international travel pkg for data, sms and voice

User Info Menu

I used my iphone for camera video, and facebook in august just left it on airplane mode, and did not get any charges.

User Info Menu

You can take the chip out and get an iPhone chip in Jamaica and use it there for local or top up enough and use the international plan, which is cheap. When you get back to states, switch chips. When your in the states or UK just top up online to your phone number. I usually email customer service, give them the required info and they tell me how many credits are on my phone. Get back to Ja and get a credit locally and your back on the phone again in Ja, remember to change the chip.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kind View View Post
    You can take the chip out and get an iPhone chip in Jamaica and use it there for local or top up enough and use the international plan, which is cheap. When you get back to states, switch chips. When your in the states or UK just top up online to your phone number. I usually email customer service, give them the required info and they tell me how many credits are on my phone. Get back to Ja and get a credit locally and your back on the phone again in Ja, remember to change the chip.
    actually NO HE CANT.. verizon iphones are CDMA and not GSM - they dont have sim cards

User Info Menu

All he needs to do is get his iPhone unlocked and push the sim card out. its an iPhone sim card but iPhone simcards are available in Ja.
    The topic heading says iPhones or iPads. So I take it they have an iPhone. Someone else said they had Verizon. You dont have to yell.
    Last edited by Kind View; 10-03-2011 at 08:40 PM.

User Info Menu

For at&t iPhone you're correct, but Verizon has iPhones too, and those do not have sim cards.. sorry, I wasn't yelling as much accenting but see why you thought otherwise... I guess I thought the op said he had Verizon.. mybad if I got that wrong..