Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Ras Rody

User Info Menu

Ras Rody

The wildest thing happened yesterday. I live in Destin Florida, we have a month long fishing tournament calledthe Destin Fishing Rodeo. I happen to the on the Board of Directors, we have weigh-ins from 10am to 7pm each day during the month of October for the tournament at AJ's restaurant on the harbor.

Yesterday while I was working the weigh-in I looked out into the crowd and see a guy pointing at me. He looks so familiar and then like someone dropped a brick on me i realize it is Ras Rody here in Destin Florida. I stop all the action on the dock and forget all about what I am supposed to be going to go and talk and find out just how Ras Rody is here of all places.

Hopefully we are getting together for dinner tonight before he heads out of town for a bit. If we can do dinner tonight we plan to do it when he comes back in a few weeks.

Small World, love seeing Ras Rody in my little part of the world.

Timm
    Timm

Don't Tread on Me!
    The tree of Liberty needs to be refreshed from time to tim with the "Blood of Tyrants"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Glad to know Ras Rody made it safely up there! He had been our neighbor for much of the year, and he told us the other day that he was heading up soon and was looking for a good home for his dog. Great news to hear - thanks for the update Living The Dream!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Good man and Good family and Good Cook !!!!!
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Small world...we usually walk across the road for some nice soup when we are there.

User Info Menu

If Ras Rody is in the US, who is cooking the food? We tried a couple of time to eat there last November but they were always closed. Just curious to know if we will be able to go next month

User Info Menu

Ras Rody's food is amazing!!! When will he be back in Negril??

User Info Menu

His place was opened up today, but I didn't notice him on the quick drive by.

User Info Menu

Was his daughter in the stand?
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Yeah Captain, his dawta generally does a fine job filling in when Ras is away. Love their food!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    Was his daughter in the stand?
    Not sure Captain, there was a bunch of folks around.