Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone stayed at the Blue Cave Castle?

User Info Menu

Has anyone stayed at the Blue Cave Castle?

My friend, Jamar just booked 3 nights at the Blue Cave Castle. He got a good deal and He just asked me about the hotel. I don’t really know much about it, besides the fact that it looks really beautiful and unique.

For those that have stayed or visited this hotel.. Can you tell me about your experience? How was the restaurant/bar? Do you have any pictures?

Also do you know if they allow outside visitors on their grounds or is it gated off?

For example: If Markus and I choose to stay at a different hotel.. can we still visit our friend there?
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Can you tell me about your experience?
    from the time you arrive and till the time you depart.........it's like home......and even betta

How was the restaurant/bar?
    Ted's Hideaway at Blue Cave Castle is fabulous......breakfast, lunch and dinner........
    Ted use to be the Chef at Kubaya on the beach..........so he knows his stuff........
    the Lobster Thermidor is one of his signature dishes..anything Chicken is awesome too
    His Banana Pancakes are out of this world........so is the French Toast....everything good mon

Also do you know if they allow outside visitors on their grounds or is it gated off?
    Yes you will be allowed to visit your friend der.......
    there is a gate which has someone at it at all times.......
    security der is the best in Negril.........

Petrona da manager and Susan the owner/builder of Blue Cave Castle are excellent hosts.......

the snorkeling and swimming off of der is the best in Negril.......don't forget to check out da cave

very cool and special place....
    Trip Advisor named it one of the Top Ten Unique Places to Stay in the World!

sorry no pics..........did have dem but lost dem on me old computer when it crashed.......ugh

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Last edited by Marko; 10-03-2011 at 03:24 PM.
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

It is wonderful. Last time I was there i had a great meal but there wasn't a bar, per se. All rooms have a fridge.

User Info Menu

there was a poster named Vinny From Philly on the former board who LOVED Blue Cave and did some very nice reports from the place -- with great pics, as the guy took great pride in his pics. GREAT reports .....

User Info Menu

Ditto everything Marko and Liz said...and if you can get the penthouse-go for it...
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

We have stayed there many times and will again. It is truly our home in Negril. The staff is wonderful, Petrona is the best, and Susan is a terrific host. After all these years they are like family.
    Teddy is a fantastic chef and a good friend. We rented the whole property for a week when we got married there in Dec. 2007. My avatar pic was taken there.
    There isn't a bar on site but Teddy can mix a mean drink and there are several bars within a 5 minute walk.
    Love love love the Blue Cave Castle!

User Info Menu

Clarity, it's a great spot, I've stayed many times, I will post photoes tommorrow when I have access to them, I have lots!

User Info Menu

Yes! It is a great place. I stayed there and celebrated my 30th birthday, we stayed in the Penthouse, it is ........... AMAZING! The whole place is great, you MUST go visit him at the property and get a tour, they are very friendly there and will let you on the property, no problem! If open/availble, you HAVE to see the view from the penthouse!

User Info Menu

Stayed at BCC twice, the second time time for 14 days and it's brilliant. Safe, secret and serene.
    Great staff and lovely surroundings.
    Rise early, treat everyday as though it's your last and your last day as it's your first.

User Info Menu

Thanks so much everyone for your feedback on Blue Cave Castle! I just read all of your posts to Jamar right now and he's completely psyched about this trip!! This is his first time in Jamaica. I know he made the right choice with this hotel and he's going to love it there.

He was looking for a place that's unique, serene, friendly, and peaceful for the last 3 days of the trip. He wanted some time to reflect and relax. I think this fits the bill. He didn't get the penthouse, but one of the superior rooms. It has a private balcony to watch the sunsets.

I'm also really glad that visitors are allowed on the property. We're staying at a different hotel (Catcha falling star) but we're really looking forward to visiting him at the Blue Cave Castle for a swim off the cliffs, some snorkeling, and some good food. (and check out the cave)

Marko - LOBSTER THERMIDOR?! I've always dreamed of having that dish... Have yet to try it. Maybe on this trip

Gerryg123- Do you know how to find the old Negril Boards, I lost the link and I can't seem to figure it out. I'd love to read that trip report your describing.

Marley - that sounds like the perfect 30th birthday- penthouse in a castle on the cliffs!
    your vacation is right around the corner!!Only 2 DAYS to go! I 'm so excited for you! Are you all packed and ready to go?

RasWalleye- The whole property filled with family and friends to celebrate your marriage. That sounds like a beautiful wedding, Do you have a link you can share to the pictures? I would love to see them! I like your profile pic!

Thanks Orchid,Can't wait to see the pictures!

Thanks everyone!!
    Last edited by Clarity; 10-04-2011 at 01:55 AM.
    Carpe Diem