Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone stayed at the Blue Cave Castle?

User Info Menu

Clarity-
    Yes, it was a great birthday indeed.....the penthouse of a castle in Negril!

But you will have the best of both worlds staying at Catcha (my all time favorite place) and visiting/eating/snorkeling at Blue Cave Castle.....Oh I can't wait for your trip now...I am almost as excited about yours as I am about mine...yep...TWO DAYS...OMG I can't describe the feeling of seeing that number since it will have been exactly one year ago that we were there last, so excited!

This time last year wasnt as happy as I was knee deep in replanning my entire wedding after TS Nichole damaged Catcha, ugh. But this year (as long as the weather cooperates) we plan to make it up and celebrate our 1 year anniversary and my 35th birthday at Catcha....so looking forward to it!
    Cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marley9808 View Post
    Clarity-
    Yes, it was a great birthday indeed.....the penthouse of a castle in Negril!

But you will have the best of both worlds staying at Catcha (my all time favorite place) and visiting/eating/snorkeling at Blue Cave Castle.....Oh I can't wait for your trip now...I am almost as excited about yours as I am about mine...yep...TWO DAYS...OMG I can't describe the feeling of seeing that number since it will have been exactly one year ago that we were there last, so excited!

This time last year wasnt as happy as I was knee deep in replanning my entire wedding after TS Nichole damaged Catcha, ugh. But this year (as long as the weather cooperates) we plan to make it up and celebrate our 1 year anniversary and my 35th birthday at Catcha....so looking forward to it!
    Cheers
    Only 1 day and 20 hours to go! This time around the weather in Jamaica during your stay will be perfect, warm and beautiful, I know it! I took a look at the webcast today and it looked like heaven! The water was Turquoise and the sky was clear! It's going to be amazing! Have a wonderful romantic Anniversary and Birthday at Catcha!! Can't wait to see the pictures!

I'm really looking forward to Catcha too! - I've been emailing Andrea and Mauvette was very nice on the phone! I was so glad they still had availability for our dates. I didn't expect it to book up so fast. We didn't get the gatehouse cottage. (all booked) They had an opening in Gemini I, so we jumped on it! It looks cozy. Have you ever stayed in that room or looked inside? Where are you staying?
    Last edited by Clarity; 10-04-2011 at 06:48 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Gemini I is nice, never stayed in it but looked in it. We had the entire resort booked last year for our wedding so I got real familiar with all the rooms, but because of the storm we werent able to stay there or have our wedding so we didnt get as much exposure then to the whole property like we thought we were going to. But I have seen it and it is very nice. You really can't go wrong anywhere on that property! You will see
    Andrea and Mauvette are the best I really can't say enough good things about the place and the whole staff.

We are staying in Sagi

So glad you guys got to book there! You are going to LOVE it....ooh I can't wait for your review.
    If you have any specific questions about the property just let me know and I will do my best to answer, document, photograph, etc for you!

User Info Menu

Hey clarity,
    I'm at Catcha right now, so shoot away if need be.
    This thread has just made we want to stop by BCC tomorrow.

User Info Menu

Booger....how are things at Catcha? We will be there Sunday! ooooh can't wait
    Jamaica in 2 days, Catcha in 5

Ya Mon

User Info Menu

Blue Cave Castle

I was there with my wife May 2011 for ten nights and stayed in three different rooms, all lovely with amazing views of the sea. BCC is truly a castle in paradise. In 1970 I camped on this property when there was NO development on the cliffs (except for Yacht Club) and none on 7 mile beach. I swam in the blue cave at that time, fished, snorkel etc. You will love this place, guaranteed. I was there to complete writing the novel, Island Odyssey.

I will try to attach photos.

Francis Oliver LynnName:  SAM_0791.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  87.1 KBName:  SAM_0780.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  71.1 KBName:  SAM_0793.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  92.9 KBName:  SAM_0833.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  89.0 KBName:  SAM_0912.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  75.5 KBName:  SAM_0929.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  48.0 KBName:  SAM_0887.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  64.3 KBName:  SAM_0945.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  95.1 KBName:  SAM_0969.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  70.9 KB

User Info Menu

Marley - oooh! Sagittarius Looks like the most beautiful cottage IMHO! (I would love to spend an anniversary at the Sagi or at the Libra someday.) I'm really excited for you! I joined Negril.com in October/November of last year. This was after your wedding. I watched your countdown days shrink from the hundreds, to double digits and now it's down to 1 DAY! I'm completely psyched for you! Have a safe flight and an amazing time!

Hey Booger - Hope you're having a great time at Catcha!! Which room? Are you staying in the Gemini by any chance? If so, Could you take a picture of the inside for me and the view?
    Oh and how much does the lobster Thermidore at Ivans cost? Did you snorkel? If so, How is the snorkeling off the cliffs during this time of year? Did you see any lionfish?

Francis - thanks for sharing those pictures from your time at BCC! I imagine that this castle and the surrounding caves makes for the perfect inspirational place to write a novel!
    Last edited by Clarity; 10-05-2011 at 03:19 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Francis, where was the last photo taken? Not at Blue Cave, was it? I don't remember any little sandy area in the cave.

Regards,

Bob

User Info Menu

Thanks Clarity! Yes, I too watched that countdown almost daily (it started at 355 days) but at least it was a countdown that would have an ending in Jamaica....and that day has come....my turn has come....FINALLY!....its now down to hours! Yay....so excited.
    See all of you on the other side....or hope to see some of you there as well!
    Soon come, my sweet Jamaica!