Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rockhouse vs tensing vs catcha

User Info Menu

Re: Rockhouse vs tensing vs catcha

Whatever room you can afford!! Can't really go wrong
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

What Tizzy said.. i've been to Catcha and Rockhouse, you can't go wrong on either... although i think i would pick Rockhouse..

User Info Menu

We like Sky, Coral and Venus at Catcha' .

User Info Menu

i stayed at the little capricorn(no balcony) and the gatehouse, their budget rooms . . . the thing is, you the total privacy on the property so it did not matter that little capricorn had no balcony, we spent most of the day in one of the little private nooks . .. i'd stay in those rooms again, caught an awesome sale . . .

User Info Menu

But isn't the road noise an issue in those rooms? That's what has always kept us away.

User Info Menu

Road noise is a non issue with rum and AC. Gatehouse maybe the only exception as it is right by the gate. Little Cap is well insulated and I heard nothing in there. I have stayed in Pisces, which faces the parking lot and noise was no issue as well.

User Info Menu

Good to know. Thanks.

User Info Menu

We`ve been to all three. Loved Rockhouse back in the day...gotten so big and staff all turned over.

Tensing is Nice. Family vibe.

Loved Catcha...still like it...

Leave Mobay for Rockhouse tomorrow. Can give an updated trip report...

User Info Menu

Stayed at Tensing several times and it's our favorite. Never considered it as having a "family vibe," but it's definitely quiet most nights. Have been in one room at Catcha in the new building and it was much more modern, larger and "nice" than the Tensing accomodations, but definitely not as unique. I also find the property at Tensing to be more private, vegetated and appealing. Also cant ignore how much we like the Tensing dogs. If I couldn't get the spot I wanted at Tensing, Catcha would be my likely next choice. Never seriously considered Rock House mainly due to location. I like having Ras Roddy, Ivans, Sharks, LTU, etc so close and being able to walk toward the lighthouse and being out of the busy area so quickly.
    Last edited by Blueallah; 12-19-2015 at 10:18 AM.

User Info Menu

yeah.. guess I meant family as in the staff never changes out.. the owner is very nice and it feels like home, esp at Holidays. Not family = lots of kids running around