Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phone Cards???? Calling Jamaica.

User Info Menu

I like ringyard, .19/minute to call a Ja cell phone and good connections, good customer service. Most cards charge more than their advertised 'low rates' for calling a Ja cell phone...

User Info Menu

I have to agree that Pingo.com has some great rates for calling landline and especially cell lines in JA. Those fees really hit when calling JA cells. I also have a discounted international plan for 300 minutes on my home phone service with Verizon. Only drawback is I have to keep track of how long I'm talking because the service doesn't have a way to track how much you've used.

Sept 4-13 (Birthday Trip) CCLP/Hills

User Info Menu

1. If you have got a land line in the US the cheapest way is for your friend in Jamaica to get a 1000-1250JA international calling plan that gives you 1000 minutes which is fairly cheap. If you want to split the cost with your friend simply let him/her/they top up their card one month and then you top their card up for the next month. It's dirt cheap compared to the calling cards out there.

2. If you do not have a land line for some reason get a local US number through Skype. You pay a small fee for a 3 months to a one year long subscription and voila, your friends can use their international minutes calling your local US land line number without any extra charges.

3. The most cost effective way of course is Skype. If your friends have got internet access or good phones with Skype app on them it's the way to go. If you have got a smart phone you have probably got a Skype app on your phone which means you dont have to sit in front of the computer.

If you want to move around whilst chatting to your friends there are special Skype land line phones or bluetooth headsets with microphones.

Don't go for the calling cards they are tief!

Hope this helps.

xxx

User Info Menu

also try ringyard.com