Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phone Cards???? Calling Jamaica.

User Info Menu

Phone Cards???? Calling Jamaica.

I know this topic has been covered over the years but I know things change. Just doing a google search for calling cards from the US to JA was overwhelming. I also know some of them have high connection fees etc. Can anyone recommend one that they use and get good a good price per minute?

I know there are plenty of free ways to call using the internet but honestly I find it a little weird sitting in front of my computer talking to someone...and you can't really move around.

Thanks!
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

If the person you are calling has the digicel network, there is the digicel long call, calling card for 2 dollars. with this card u can talk for 1 single call to the digicel network for 30 minutes. The only thing wrong with this card, it is for one single call for 30 minutes, once you disconnect the call even if only for 2 minutes u lose your minutes. There is also the MAX card for 2 dollars. You can talk for 12 minutes.

User Info Menu

CVS has big selection

We have had great luck with Sprint International PrePaid Phone Card .............. they may have changed names ? ? ? ................. No hidden fees ........ minutes never expire ............... low low per minute charges ............. could not tell you the exact fee to Jamaica but it so low the original $10 card is still working years later ! ! ! ............... front of card says 5 cents to Italy, UK, Canada .............. 6 cents to Germany ............. 7 cents to France / Mexico

Watch for two-for-one sale at CVS for even greater savings

User Info Menu

The CVS Sprint International rate is .27 per minute. I buy them when it's a BOGO so really consider it to be half that amount. I don't run through the minutes so really like that the cards don't expire.

User Info Menu

I have used Pingo for the last couple of years and it's rates are among the lowest for cell and landline.Minutes never expire.

User Info Menu

I have the Verizon international calling card I bought at CVS. I paid $20 for 2-BOGO. When I called the number to get rates, I was told, calling from cell phone is .28 cents and calling from a landline is .15 cents per minute.

User Info Menu

$16.00 a month for a Jamaican to call Canada from a cell. Ja cell to Canadian landline. Cheapest way to go.

User Info Menu

the Verizon International bought at CVS during their BOGO sale (every 6 weeks or so ) is the best card I've found.
    the Spirit card from CVS used to be the way to go
    but Spirit subbed out this business & now they Suc*
    I put my Spirit card-with remaining minutes on it thru my schredder ...

User Info Menu

I know that you said you didn't want to call JA from a computer but if you have a smart phone get the Skype app and add some credit to your account and call away. It is probably the easiest and cheapest way to go.

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the ideas. I will have to check out CVS tomorrow. I automatically assumed getting a calling card online would be the cheapest. I never even thought of getting one from the drug store. I might check out the Skype app as well. I just didn't like having to sit in front of my laptop to talk, but the app for the phone would work!
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M