Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The most disgusting sign on the beach......

User Info Menu

The most disgusting sign on the beach......

Every time I walk by this sign I wonder how much business it has cost the local Jamaican's.....

Name:  025.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  91.5 KB

I am sure that Sandal's corporate lawyers think it is necessary to prevent them from a lawsuit.

However, I can't help but wonder how many tourists this sign has stopped from venturing off the resort and experiencing ALL that Negril has to offer. Perhaps if they did leave the resort, they would decide to try a non-inclusive their next stay. Could this perhaps be the real reason for the sign?

It seems even more ironic, when construction workers are laboring in the hot sun setting concrete block and rebar for the next Mega All-Inclusive for a daily wage of only 1500 JMD.

It sure would be nice if everyone ignored signs like this and supported the local economy.

Morning rant over, I am off to the airport to pick-up Newbies!!

YaMon,

TedP

User Info Menu

Re: The most disgusting sign on the beach......

All in on dat, TedP... two reaches coming up this year for far less than one at our favorite AI, but they've simply priced themselves out of our market. Had a taste of the NI last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TedP View Post

It sure would be nice if everyone ignored signs like this and supported the local economy.
    While I understand what you're saying TedP...in fairness...Sandals is local - Jamaican owned and operated.

Many hotels have those signs for liability issues...often found near the front offices, not necessarily placed on the beach.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 12-27-2015 at 11:44 AM.

User Info Menu

I would never stay at anything like a sandals unless it was free.. Even if it is Jamaican owned... Air bnb all day

User Info Menu

That's the great thing about Negril/Jamaica....there's something for everyone's taste.

User Info Menu

First stay in JA was at a Sandals, and they in my opinion did try and scare us from leaving unless it was one of thier tours. Have only been back to Sandals once since that first trip and it honestly ranked as the worst stay in Jamaica for myself. Once I had experinced the NI in Negril, it was only a step abover torture spending a week with Sandals..... Never again!
    “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!” - Bob Marley

User Info Menu

way back in 1990 Sandals used to have a fence with a gate that ran along the property line way into the water with a guard, and WE WERE ATTACKED when we left
    by two of the nicest ladies that aloe'ed us right there on the beach
    we were told that we shouldn't leave resort, really glad we didn't listen

[/url]

User Info Menu

Is 7 mile beach public. For example we are staying at Treehouse and wondering if we can walk beach towards Sandals.

User Info Menu

The simple answer is yes. You are free to walk the entire beach up to the high water mark. Further up past that can be considered private or resort property.

User Info Menu

Just my $.02........we started going to Sandals Negril in 92 and for 12 years we barely left the resort......Great place, but in 04 after walking the beach we seen another side of Negril.......we started staying at places other than the AI along the Beach and have not been back to Sandals since........Its just a whole different experience that is much more enjoyable with the great restaurants available thru out the beach area.......You just have to be sometimes a little aware of the vendors along the beach and just understand they are just trying to make a living......but, I've learned to not stop and just show respect with a "Firm" No Thank you.........We go for two weeks a year in Feb and I've really never had a problem over all the years.........

Ken