Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why do you always go back to Jamaica?

User Info Menu

Re: Why do you always go back to Jamaica?

We go for the great weather, Ice cold Red Stripes ( not the BS found in the states), the food, and the great friends that we have made over the years.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kuda View Post
    We go for the great weather, Ice cold Red Stripes ( not the BS found in the states), the food, and the great friends that we have made over the years.
    Stateside Red Stripe "Jamaican style lager" brewed in Pennsylvania. :/

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Our 5th trip is a short 51 days away. 😊 25 nights at the Rondel. For us it's the people, smoke, food, vibe, beach, sun etc. Negril has it all and we love the do nothing chill away the day atmosphere.

User Info Menu

My first time in Negril I felt a pull beyond just the tourist vibe. It took several more visits to identify that feeling as "home".
    For the moment that is only an emotional state. But someday it will be physical as well.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

I am not a deep person like many that post on this thread. I wish I were. A few nights ago I watched a movie about Jamaica and I found a song in my head, if I could write one, it would be titled My beautiful Jamaica. I have not been fortunate to travel the world like some. I start saving again as soon as I leave for next year. It's not just the party time of holiday it's the lilt in the voices, the vibe in the music, a little child that is laughing even though you know they do not have or ever will the riches that we take advantage of everyday. It seems like they already know that they live in the most prosperous place on the planet that we just can't seem to see. I truly love this country and the many people of the melting pot. I even started wondering which tribes they may have come from last trip. What a long strange trip it's been.

User Info Menu

We used to get that sort of reaction from people. Not so much anymore. Guess they got the idea. In fact when we go to another island they ask how it compared to Jamaica. A number of folks have ventured to Jamaica based on our reviews. Some have become multiple time travelers.

We like to get away and do nothing but spend time on the beach. We do it every year on the Jersey shore, since the 70's. But we like another beach vacation. We have been to St Marteen, the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Antiqua, Dominican Republic, Cancun and Jamaica (6 xs). We find Negril to be to our liking the most. We love the beach. The calm beach. The long beach. And yet it is like a cove. The buildings are low rise. The food is fabulous. The accommodations are unique, not your usual. And that is so appealing. The closeness to the beach wherever you stay. The cliffs for a different perspective. We love the dining.

We love the entertainment. We love the way we can walk and walk. We love how we can slow down, go no where, do nothing and enjoy every minute of it.

We will return to Negril whenever we can. It suits us. We miss it. We will be back.

User Info Menu

I agree that whenever we went to an island, we always compared it Jamaica. So we alway go back to Jamaica. Never had a bad time, for which I thank the people there.
    Last edited by frankk; 12-30-2015 at 07:12 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rjonsun View Post
    It is easy to get a non stop from Philly.
    The price is comparable to the Jersey Shore.
    It takes little or no planning.
    Good food.
    Ditto this. Especially the comparison to the Jersey Shore. The wife and I are looking into a long weekend at Cape May for Valentines Day. Hotel prices are easily $200+/night - in the wintertime, when you can't even enjoy the beach! (That's another thing - in Jersey the ocean is really only warm enough to swim in 2-3 months out of the year. Jamaica enjoys a warm current all year round.) I could get a pretty sweet room in Negril for that price, even during high season. In fact, I have never paid that much for a room in Negril.

Basically, it's hard to justify paying more for a destination when you know you will enjoy Negril more. The food, the music, the people, the activities, the vibe, the culture.
    Last edited by Mike_D; 12-30-2015 at 08:46 AM.

User Info Menu

Have to agree with Georgia. Winterpeg can get pretty cold. there's nothing like an ice cold red stripe on de beach ! it is paradise to me but not for everyone. more for us mon !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stoners5 View Post
    Have to agree with Georgia. Winterpeg can get pretty cold. there's nothing like an ice cold red stripe on de beach ! it is paradise to me but not for everyone. more for us mon !
    This year, the weather is pretty decent in Winnipeg though isn't it?! But not as decent as the Jamaica weather
    Are you heading to Negril this winter, Stoners5? We got talked into returning to Hawaii, and although I know it will be very nice, I am already dreaming of Jamaica for next winter!
    Hedo Negril '07 Hedo Ochi '08 Couples Negril & Riu Ochi '10 Firefly & iberostar Rose Hall Beach '12 Firefly & Samsara '14 Samsara & CocolaPalm '16 CocolaPalm & Couples Negril '17 Treehouse & Catcha & Couples Negril '22

Coming in from the cold...