Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why do you always go back to Jamaica?

User Info Menu

Why do you always go back to Jamaica?

Is a question friends and family often ask me. I try to explain to them. I have been to a lot of nice places in the world. I have been to a lot of nice beaches. But, I just like the vibe of Negril. I have found a place I like and I am going to keep coming back. Hopefully I can keep going to new places, but Negril will keep calling me back. I leave soon for Negril. It will be the 39th year in Negril for me.

User Info Menu

Re: Why do you always go back to Jamaica?

I go to visit my money!

Cap

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

We travel to lots of places. we like Jamaica for the food, beaches, Catch a falling Star and the 2 hr. non-stop from ATL. Roll Tide!!

User Info Menu

3.5 hours from NYC...so close but a world away.
    The food and the people. Good vibes.
    The beach is a huge bonus.

User Info Menu

Relatively easy to get to. Great beach with shallow, calm water. Great people, vibe, smoke, food, rum, music. Reasonable price.

User Info Menu

Agree with the replies. There is NO place on earth like Negril. I try really hard to explain this to friends who insist that Mexico or the DR is their "place". Whatever. The saying "Once you go, then you know" is really true. {Except for the travelers who stop in Jamaica on a cruise ship} . They get hassled too much, and say "we are never going back to Jamaica again" This fact is something the Jamaica tourism board should be aware of, and address. Whatever. There's another saying I like . "Either you get it, or you don't!" For me, it's the great people, the food, the irie vibes, the peace of mind, the emptying out of my brain, do not turn on the tv, do not tink about stuff back home, the ice cold Red Stripes, a really good dirty banana once and a while, da beach, da cliffs mon'. The "Skip" sightings, the Saturday night Seastar Inn entertainment & food. Hanging out at Sunnyside bar, Sun Beach, the afternoon entertainment at the Boat bar, Drfiter's bar, The food at Best in the West, Lenbert's one love bus pub crawl, Our JA family in Likkle London, 3 Dives, Our friends at NTH. etc. There I could go on, sorry Rob {grin} Too long? In January will be my lovely wife's and mine 15th Negril trip {in 11 years} still newbies? One love, RESPECT. HAPPY NEW YEAR! Todd & Deb

User Info Menu

Wife and I have been going back every February for the last 14 years. For us it's the guaranteed weather, ability to eat and drink anything we want without the fear of ever getting a food born illness and the fact that there is never a year where we don't find something new to do. As RNRFarmer put it, even though we have don a lot of stuff, and a lot of it has become familiar and almost routine, we still feel like Newbies every year. Just taking a walk up the cliffs to the lighthouse and beyond is an adventure every time you do it. Then again, an evening at Pee Wee's or 3 Dives or Erica's (insert your favorite place here), even though familiar, can be different every time.

Oh yeah... the great sex that the relaxed atmosphere brings is something special too. ;-)

User Info Menu

Yeah, I've been thinking about this exact question a lot lately. We've been looking all over the place trying to find a new worthy spot to visit, but in the end we keep circling back to Jamaica even though we have been there many times now. I've been to Mexico six times, DR a couple times, Caymans, Bahamas, Cozumel (MX) and all over the southern US. We just like Jamaica the best, feel safer there even with the recent uptick in violence, and not having to worry about what you can and can't eat just pushes it over the top. Oh, and the unending supply of smoke at bargain prices. Ya mon, wi soon come.

User Info Menu

I can get a beach and warm weather in a lot of places so for me it's the people first and the food second. And hey, Cap, can I visit your money too???
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiB View Post
    I can get a beach and warm weather in a lot of places so for me it's the people first and the food second. And hey, Cap, can I visit your money too???
    Nikki,

I believe you've stood right on it

Cap

linston@redplate-negril.com