Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Manda's first trip to jamaica sept 2011

User Info Menu

yessss

Rock it! Can't wait I am a big Manda fan!

User Info Menu

Amanda, Sorry about Midas. I look forward to more of your vacation story. Don't make us wait too long, please.

User Info Menu

yessss

Rock it! Can't wait I am a big Manda fan!

User Info Menu

I can only imagine what I must have looked like standing there dressed in oversized black clothing and a baseball cap with a huge suitcase, searching frantically for one of the four lighters that I had in my carry-on. Now flinging my head back and forth tryyyying to find where this voice is coming from all the while trying to tell this man that this “beautiful girl” in her ridiculous outfit does not need a taxi at this exact moment… and then there he was………………..ANDRE

With his hand up in the air flailing around with a huge smile on his face, no doubt it’s Andre, a bit taller, bigger build than I remember on his 16 year old frame but still the exact same smile.

"Andre! You’re here!"

Relief….
    Sigh…
    Breathe…
    Wait… ****..

WHAT THE HELL AM I WEARING!!

Kiss on the cheek one big hug and Andre disappears and comes back with a Taxi. Where is your car I’m wondering and I’m told that upon his return from Haiti his apartment had been broken into and his car burnt down. Burnt down??!! He tells me a small altercation had happened prior to leaving for Haiti. Burnt down??!! “No worries Manda I’ll get you to Negril, truss me”

Both heads on the back of the taxi looking at each other and he tells me he knew it was me instantly he saw me in a hat I had to laugh because Andre knew me as a tomboy and now my ridiculous what the hell am I wearing outfit is now not only fine but it’s nostalgic and I laugh to myself.

So the adventure continues, we’re in a cab I figure we’re on our way to Negril, comfortable, air conditioning 5 minutes later we’re at the bus park in Montego Bay and Andre starts yelling out the window at some guy in Patois with a “bus” which really to me looks like a mini van, because it pretty much is. Whoa! Now that is new, Andre talking Patois and fasssst I caught Negril in the sentence and next thing I know Andre’s paid the driver and I’m being shuffled out of a comfy car into the back of an extended looking mini van and my very large suitcase is being shuffled between a couple locals who all give me weird look #2 Okay so we’re going now right? This isn’t so bad … The car starts moving then it’s not I think what’s going on? Andre tells me we’re waiting for the car to fill up before we leave. Tick Tock Tick Tock. I’m slammed up against a window, which I’m quite happy about later with the breeze. And off we go I don’t remember talking to Andre much on that ride he’s to my left and the window to my right. I lay my head against the window and take it in.

Are you okay? Amanda, everything aiight?
    "Huh? Oh of coarse I’m in Jamaica, I just don’t think it’s hit me that I’m in Jamaica and he laughs at me throws his arm around my shoulder and tells me “trusss me I don’t think it’s hit me that you’re in Jamaica either”

Next thing I know Andre’s paying the driver again I’m trying to get past my luggage and a huge box holding…what is that a chain saw?? And I’m standing on the road thinking I know I’ve never been to Jamaica before but this really doesn’t look like Negril.

“Andre, we’re in the wrong spot!!!”
    “I know..I know!! Manda no worries would you relax we’re in Sav next stop Negril”

back in a comfy taxi, me Andre, driver, air conditioning and next stop.....NEGRIL

User Info Menu

Manda's first trip to jamaica-day 1 part 3

Driving down Norman Manley Blvd now and I’m sitting right up on the edge of my seat with this enthusiasm that I’m not sure I’ve exuded since Disney World when I was 9 years old. ”Look there is Mariners!” Swwooosh we’re going a bit fast and I feel like I’m giving myself whip lash but there is “Yellow Bird! I know that place I watched the sunset there like last week!!”

Hold up, you said it’s your first time in Jamaica you been down here before?” I tell him about Negril.com and all the wonderful people and all the help and before I can finish he’s laughing at me and tells me you sound as if you know more about Negril than I do and I stop because I feel like I’m talking a mile a minute while viciously whipping my head back and forth trying to catch every sign and I smile .. What? Why are you looking at me like that?? I hit Andre on the arm with the back of my hand, “Andre I’m really here!” “Ya Mon” he says, “You ARE really here but since you know so much can you please tell this man where we are going?”

"Coco La Palm please it’ll be right up here on your left hand side” and I can’t stop smiling.

Andre pays the driver, I stroll into the office, check in easy breezy no problems and off to the room. Big room 2 double beds, the biggest shower I’ve ever seen, small table with 4 chairs, fridge, safe, TV, Air Conditioner, Bingo!

Andre tells me he needs to go buy papers. I’m alone in a big room at Coco La Palm in NEGRIL and I start jumping up and down on the bed, a happy dance just for me, because again I just realized I’m finally here and I say to myself “Once you go, you know” and I can’t help but laugh.
    Last edited by Manda81; 10-04-2011 at 10:36 PM.

User Info Menu

awesome, am loving it!

User Info Menu

Alright! I know that happy dance! This is going to be fun.
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

This is great, Amanda! Looking forward to more. And settle down, Brasi. Geez! Lol! Just kiddin'!
    Last edited by Maryann; 10-05-2011 at 05:45 AM.

User Info Menu

hahahahaha. Ya got me. (: Me and Manda are friends... (: Awesome report so far Amanda.

User Info Menu

Nice,more,more!!!