Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Manda's first trip to jamaica sept 2011

User Info Menu

I get that "I can't believe I'm here" feeling every time I go! So disappointed my November trip is cancelled BUT I'm gonna try for March/April.
    Happy holiday family time!

User Info Menu

Great start! Can't wait for the rest!!

User Info Menu

yeah andre showed up!

User Info Menu

Day 1 part 4

Now my travel day although I’ve arrived safe and sound wasn’t an easy one
    my plane had landed an hour late because of circling around the airport and the customs line was enormous and traveling with route taxi’s
    to Negril took a lot longer than originally planned. So just as I’m taking a relaxing breath I notice we’re losing light in the room and it hits me

“Andre, OMG what time is it! We have dinner reservations in 10 minutes”

Track Pants, baseball cap, sweaty hair.. I’m going to have to change my reservation and miss my very first sunset

Call to push back my reservations, no problems.

Andre and I start moving around the room putting away our things Unpacking #1, it’s like some sort of strange dance
    we’re doing around the room where we’re both able to just barely keep out of each others way oddly it felt like
    we’d done this before but not just before recently. I’m just about to slide behind him to place a bag on the dresser and
    he swings around and says “You haven’t given me my kiss yet”

And it wasn’t any more than a second that he had my face in his hands and he was kissing me. Initially it was shocking and sort of like ACK!
    and it wasn’t more than a second after that, that I felt my body relax and my eyes closed and we settled into each other and when we pulled away
    I hadn’t realized how tightly we were holding each other but he looked at me in my eyes and I smirked

“Andre, I’m still the better kisser” .. and we burst into laughter.

We pull up into Catcha and Ivan's is beautiful and every table is lit up with candles and we’re sat at a tall table.
    I’ve already decided what I want because I’ve never tried it but Andre takes his time, we talk and talk over candle light
    just trying to catch up on 13 years of “stuff”. He tells me it’s still strange to see me here after so long but oddly
    that it doesn’t “feel” as if it’s been 13 years. I agree with him and we sort of ponder that a moment until I can hear
    a consistant thumping across the water that brings me back to the table. Rick's Cafe looks busy tonight.

I try Conch Soup another first and yum! We have the jerk Shrimp YUM YUM I order the Lobster Thermidore and Andre orders the Curry Chicken.
    There is a cute couple at a table just across from us taking pictures together along the little wall by their table. There is a couple in the pool and
    there is a group of ladies at a large round table. Our waitress was fantastic and patient but even she had to tell Andre that she wasn’t leaving
    the table until he had made up his mind. We probably sat there for a few hours talking, glass of wine, talking cold Red Stripe and more Red Stripe
    and then decided to head back to Coco. It was a bit early, I wasn’t sure where to go, the Jungle was my first choice but it was still a bit early.
    No problems back to the room for a bit. Ahh air conditioning full tummy couple of drinks just a few minutes and we’ll head out,

it couldn’t have been more than 10 minutes and I was fast asleep.

User Info Menu

Manda81....you have me at work smiling up a storm... I love your style of
    writing..I am so enjoying your report can't wait for more.

User Info Menu

Manda, I love your writing style! It's really engaging! Keep it coming, I'm enjoying every word!!
    P.S. How was the lobster thermidore at Ivans? I've never had and I want to try it when I go to Negril next month
    Last edited by Clarity; 10-05-2011 at 01:01 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SPARKLE1010 View Post
    Manda81....you have me at work smiling up a storm... I love your style of
    writing..I am so enjoying your report can't wait for more.
    Aww thank you so much !! That's a relief I really wasn't sure if I'd end up boring everyone lol To be honest writing this has almost become more of a selfish thing it's as happy as I've been since I've returned I'm just so happy that everyone else is enjoying it too

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Manda, I love your writing style! It's really engaging! Keep it coming, I'm enjoying every word!!
    P.S. How was the lobster thermidore at Ivans? I've never had and I want to try it when I go to Negril next month
    Coming from you that's certainly a compliment you and your husbands report was incredible!!

The lobster Thermidore was great I can't say I can compare it with anything because I've never had it before but it was delicious. I took a picture of it even lol

Pictures from my first day will follow before I continue to day 2

User Info Menu

Helps if you don't use the black and green theme so you can see the text! I had to highlight the post to see anything other than the red text.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin, PA View Post
    Helps if you don't use the black and green theme so you can see the text! I had to highlight the post to see anything other than the red text.
    Thats strange because the color of text is black and my dialogue is red.. Andre's is blue ... is it like that for everyone?? this is how I'm seeing it lol