Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 48 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Manda's first trip to jamaica sept 2011

User Info Menu

Manda's first trip to jamaica sept 2011

The day had finally come after much anticipation, planning, re-planning and panic, I was finally getting on a plane alone and travelling to Jamaica. Alone ..ack! I was nervous and surprisingly ill prepared as I had forgotten my e-ticket at work. I woke up in a haze unfortunately it was from the one too many Jager shots I had done in celebration of the beginning of my vacation the night before.

Note to self, do not get drunk again before your trip. Rushing around in the morning getting the last little bits together and out the door.

It wasn’t until I was on the plane that I had a moment of clarity and calmness that I looked down at myself and thought,
    "WHAT IN THE HELL AM I WEARING???”“ A baseball cap tank top with a sweater over it and track pants?? Track pants that I don’t normally wear outside of the house. Good job Amanda and to think I was going to meet an old friend I hadn’t seen in 13 years.. No make up no hair done track pants??? Thank god it would just be me and a Taxi.

Just before take off my phone starts buzzing, it’s my sister “I know this isn’t the best time but I just wanted to let you know that Midas (my dog) is gone” I looked out of my window seat and the sound of the jet fuel washed a heavy feeling over my body as we picked up speed I silently shed a tear for my puppy that I had just rushed past on the way out the door and had forgotten to give him just one last hug.

Got off the plane, check. Went through customs, check. Weird look #1 for travelling solo, check. Luggage, check.

I walk out and think what am I doing where do I go.. I see two exits a man approaches me taxi for you?? Ummm.. maybe? I B Line it for the exit try and make it through a crowd and awww heat, sun, commotion. Where are my cigarettes? God look what I’m wearing!!!

"Taxi for the beautiful girl??" Umm I’m just going to have a smoke firss… “Amanda???” Wait what? Someone just said my name.... "AMANDA!! OVER HERE!!"

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Great Start Amanda ..Please keep it coming.. I hope pictures will fallow.

User Info Menu

Name:  th_popcorncat.gif
Views: 2359
Size:  16.8 KB
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Lets keep it coming girl. Nice start.
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

captivated!

User Info Menu

Wonderful start to your vacation!! Seems that we have a GREAT new writer on the board, you've got me captivated!!

Looking forward to the next chapter..

Peace,
    Islander - Brynn
    Looking forward to our next visit to beautiful Jamaica! See you soon!!

User Info Menu

Wow! This is a great start! I can't wait to read more! Your writing has already sucked me in. Now I'm addicted and I'll be checking constantly for the next update haha! Since we're the same age and both experienced Jamaica for the first time this year.. I'm dying to hear about your experiences! Keep it coming!!
    Last edited by Clarity; 10-04-2011 at 03:08 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Sucked in, lol.

User Info Menu

Alright Girl...Do I need to put on my seatbelt ??? I have a feeling this is going to be one-hell of ride
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Nice beginning. So glad your first experience was a good one. Sitting here eagerly waiting for more.

Sorry about Midas.