Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travellers? Kuyaba? Fun Holiday?

User Info Menu

Travellers? Kuyaba? Fun Holiday?

Has anyone stayed at either place? reviews? We are looking for somewhere to stay in late May/June on the beach for 2 Adults and 2 little ones ( Ages 2.5 and 5 Months) would like something with a kitchenette but its not absolutely necessary and trying to stay under $100/night. All recommendation welcome.

User Info Menu

Re: Travellers? Kuyaba? Fun Holiday?

We stayed at Travellers last year and were quite pleased. Pros: clean, safe, consistent, huge pool set back from beach (was great on a few days when it was very windy), nice staff, location (close to town). Cons: Bar/restaurant wasn't the best and was overpriced, location (close to town = at the very west end of the beach, so a long hike to many places)

We found ourselves eating breakfast and some other meals at Kuyaba. great place to hang and dine. I'd stay there if I could get under $100, but didn't really see the rooms. I think some of them are quite rustic. Maybe not as nice as Travellers?

User Info Menu

Firefly has rooms with kitchens, is kid friendly and fits your budget.

User Info Menu

Highly recommend Travellers. Amanda and I have stayed at several other places... I have stayed at quite a few more when I was younger ( started going to Negril in 1990 ). The things we love about Travellers: Very Clean rooms, and stepped up since their recent remodel. Great security!; guard gates up front and round the clock front gate and property security, they will chase away hustlers if they are bothering you while lying on their beach, great little intimate activities pretty much every night if you are staying on property ( karaoke, bands, piano reception, bonfire night ) Their pool is great, and the Three Wellington brothers follow their dad's great lead of always taking great care of their guests, The Cons if I were to pick a few: very small beach ( but always clean and with security) , the pool swim up bar is not always open. For the money it costs ( great value) and with the perks and the personal service, it has been our #1 goto choice for the last 5 years ( be there in 3 weeks) Location is good, right on Seven Mile beach, but not far from the center of town or for a quick trip into the West End. We always have a scooter ( I play dominos and backgammon in the West End almost every night) so transportation is not an issue ( rent from Rambo across the street) . The staff there will do whatever they can to help make your trip memorable!

User Info Menu

Maybe check out a rental at Point Village? They have units with kitchen's, and it's a pretty nice property (though there is construction going on next door at the old Grand Lido).

User Info Menu

Checking into the rustic cabin with kitchen @ Kuyaba in 3 weeks.
    Will post pics...
    Great price!

User Info Menu

I stayed at Fun Holiday and Travelers - Same price or close to it? Travellers hands down. Though Fun Holiday has the best location on the beach. If you dont want to be awake with loud music thumping all night, I would avoid Kuyaba. It's right next to Bourbon Beach, but that might be a bonus for you.

User Info Menu

I second Firefly, great property and most units have a full kitchen

User Info Menu

Point Village is way to far from town if that is important to you. We stayed there last trip and while you can walk from Point Village down the beach it is a rather LONG walk with kids. We found a condo with kitchen at Negril Beach Club. We rented through VRBO directly with the owner of the condo at a rate of $90.00/night that is with 5 of us in a 2 bedroom condo, full kitchen and 2 bathrooms. Negril Beach Club is on the beach and within walking distance to everything.
    Sunset at the Palms 2/09
    Point Village 08/09
    Xtabi 08/09
    Footeprints 11/09
    Negril Beach Club June 22, 2016-July 9, 2016
    Country Country November 19, 2016-November 27, 2016
    White Sands 12/28-21/7/23
    *previously known as crazy4caribbean*

User Info Menu

I would recommend Travellers, as it would be really kid friendly, generally speaking and also budget friendly. BUT.....when I was there beginning of Dec there was virtually zero beach. The water was all the way up to the steps. I don't know if that's normal but I'm guessing no. Anyways that would be the only drawback.
    Stir IT UP