Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Here

User Info Menu

To those who inquired, yes I post on other boards about Jamaica. Close to 50 but 30 years of travel gives me a lot of experience about Jamaica but from slightly a different prespective. Once again I decided to log on because of the asking thread which I stated.

Thanks

User Info Menu

Looking forward to your posts Ms Sweet Dawta..Sure you got a lot to contribute...Always a "sweet" treat to hear about Jam from a real Jam.woman...
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Me, too! Would love to hear more from a Jamaican's point of view.

Welcome, Sweet Dawta!

User Info Menu

Yes now I am Sweet Dawta because in Negril every few steps I heard, Hey Sweet Dawta, got all dis energy fi yuh. Mi sey raatid man yuh have all dat energy because yuh nuh ave job.

Some are asking question only a Jamaican can answer but most won't because of the secretive nature of the culture. I am going to share what I know . It's One Jamaica, One Love but we experience it differently.

My American hubby says if MY lips are moving I am about to ask for something or bull **** you about something.

For anyone who hasn't had a Jamaican ask you for anything please PM me. I can change that for you because dis Sweet Dawta is heading back to JA and needs to do it in style. Please PM me so I can see what oppertunity I can create for YOU to share your wealth.
    Last edited by Sweet_Dawta; 10-08-2011 at 09:22 AM.

User Info Menu

hey sweet dawta ;-)

User Info Menu

Near Andrews AFB, near Wash DC, I Found a little Korean Grocery that sold alcohol, groceries, and food to take out. It was Close to a back road with woods behind. When I was walking out to the parking lot with my three sandwiches to take back to the crew, I was thinking about how this was almost a taste of Jamaica when I heard a voice speak to me. A well dressed young (American) man, sitting on the picnic table around the side of the store asked me for fifty cents............Go Figgure

User Info Menu

I've had a few Americans ask me for money on different occasions. People in need everywhere that's they way it is, unfortunately.

User Info Menu

Everywhere....people down on there luck, beg. People faking being down on there luck beg. Every big city here in what Smith calls "foreign" has a section that has the beggers. I would think they are in every country, not just Ja.

User Info Menu

LOL...I am Jamaican and you can believe there are certain things about ME and MY culture that are different from YOU and YOUR American culture or not.

You would think being close to 50 and being Jamaican all my life I can tell the difference between someone asking me or 50 cents and someone asking for for an IPHONE. Guess who wanted what?????

Guys thanks for the welcome.

User Info Menu

"someone asking me or 50 cents and someone asking for for an IPHONE"......
    I did get a good laugh at this one!