Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Newbie

User Info Menu

Hi All,

I'm new to this board. I have been looking at all the posts and blogs as they are very informative and entertaining. Loved Smith's, Clarity's and hubby's, and now Manda's reports.

I've been to Negril several times, but still consider myself a newbie, I haven't seen half of the stuff you guys are talking about.

Boardie, ex-ochiegirl referred me to this forum and it's everything she said and more. Love it!

I plan on going to yard soon, by myself, so I'm a likkle nervous, haven't been down in over two years. However, I need a break from the "big city" life to renew.

Anyway, I just thought I'd introduce myself, since I've been reading the blogs. Thanks for all that share their experiences, it helps so much.

sandy-girl
    Last edited by sandy-girl; 10-08-2011 at 07:10 AM.

User Info Menu

Ex-Ochi Girl Rocks!
    Welcome Sandy-girl...travelling to Jamaica on your own is a blast & definitely can renew your spirits!
    Have Fun!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the welcome Bnewb!!! Ya Mon.

User Info Menu

Travelling solo to Negril is the best, just drift from bar to bar stay where you like and leave if you dont!

User Info Menu

TAKE DA BUS, GIRL! TAKE DA BUS! The One Love Pub Crawl is an awesome way to see a bunch of fun places and great people! You're gonna have such a great time!!! Don't be nervous .... just exercise a bit of caution and you'll be fine! PGW is right! But then, he usually is! When you going? check the Board for Roll Calls for when you plan to go and you will see who will be there when you are and link in!

User Info Menu

Thanks poolguywindsor and M&G Montreal. I will not stay anywhere I don't like and will definitively go on the Pub Crawl, a must.

But as a solo woman traveler how do I have fun with people, and still dodge all the "lover boys" that are definitely going to approach me while there?

I don't want a gigolo or even a relationship in JA. Ijust want to have good, clean fun.

M&G, I want to go in February, however can't wait that long. Looking at November and December for now, then maybe again in Feb, not sure yet.

User Info Menu

Sandy girl if you are going in december there will be a lot of events that a lot of us on this board will be attending.Parties webcasts meet ups get together.Everyone is welcome atthem all just keep an eye on the board for dates and show up!
    You do not have to dodge the lover boys most places (I do not know where you are staying) have security at the hotel so usually no-one is allowed to come and bother you if you do not feel like talking.
    Apart from that a simple No I do not want/need company is fine
    Hope to see you down there this December

User Info Menu

Welcome Sandy-girl!
    This forum is such a great resource for Negril info, I'm so glad I found it before taking our first trip to Jamaica! Everyone was so helpful!
    I agree with Tictoc as far as dealing with loverboys; I think a straight forward "No thanks, I don't want any company" should work fine.I was approached once when Markus left me alone on the beach - I just said "I'm married' and he moved along. A lot of the hotels have security as well and if you express discomfort they are there in a second. I'm sure you'll meet a lot of new friends at the webcasts and will have a great time!
    You mentioned that you're looking at November and December for your next trip. We'll be there in November so maybe we'll see you there!
    Last edited by Clarity; 10-09-2011 at 10:12 PM.
    Carpe Diem