Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is your favorite barrel jerk guy?

User Info Menu

Who is your favorite barrel jerk guy?

Step A Side aka Marshall Campell was recognized by Conde Nast as one of the best. I believe they were spot on as his chicken is AWESOME!!!

Who is your favorite and where is he located?

Here is a photo of me presenting a framed cover and article of the Conde Nast story. It was the first time he had seen it. He was ecstatic!

Name:  resized_image9.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  39.3 KB
    Name:  resized_image7.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  54.2 KB
    Name:  167249.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  85.3 KB

User Info Menu

my favorite on the beach rd has become 'blue dandy'..he sets up on the beach side of the road near travellers beach.. great chicken, the sauce is excellent - he has hot and mild too, so kids loved it as well when i took them in febuary..

the guy that sets up outside the escape during concerts is also pretty good - his name is 'fish' lol
    Last edited by jasperpso; 10-08-2011 at 08:28 AM.

User Info Menu

My favorite over the years has been Biggs Chicken. He sets up out front of Hidden Paradise on the beach road.

User Info Menu

I would have to agree, step aside is the best.

User Info Menu

Roadside chicken is a staple part of my diet when i'm down there and i have tried many different places.
    Marshall's Step Aside is my favourite by a longshot!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by justchuck View Post
    My favorite over the years has been Biggs Chicken. He sets up out front of Hidden Paradise on the beach road.
    He's my favourite too. His chicken is some of the juiciest and best tasting I've had. He also has a hot sauce if you care to partake.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

The one i used, just by times square was very good

User Info Menu

I will be making it a point to try each of the vendors you all recommend on my trip. For some reason I have the munchies in the evening.....lol.

User Info Menu

I'd say there are at least a dozen that do barrel chicken on a regular basis, and i love them ALL! There was one I think named Chicken Man who also used to do lobster a couple of reaches ago, but alas he was not around last time -- believe me, I looked!!!

User Info Menu

Having the munchies on a Thursday night could be very bad for me. All you have to do is walk to the Jungle and every jerk vendor imagineable is there.

I may buy a sample from them all this Thursday night...lol