Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you could go on only ONE excursion...

User Info Menu

Pelican Bar for it's unique experience.

I had Lover's Leap planned on my last trip but it didn't pan out..but that looks beautiful as well. I really wanted to go. I was not impressed with YS Falls and quite honestly wished we had skipped it and done something else.
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

Lovers leap is closed, so mark that one of the list. We really enjoyed Roaring River, but we rode a scooter all the way there. What an adventure that was.

User Info Menu

Black river, YS falls and Appleton can be all done together in one day, i've done Black River and YS Falls a few times and last trip another brit did it and then went on to Appleton

Name:  1792690850_258ed6b6e2_o.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  42.4 KB

User Info Menu

Someone already suggested, by I will 2nd, Blue Hole Mineral Spring. That was the highlight of our last trip. Had a blast!

User Info Menu

Mayfield Falls!

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

As Lapurr already said, Rocklands bird sanctuary is amazing. I can't believe there are too many places in the world where you can actually hand feed hummingbirds, as well as enjoy a beautiful location in the hills. A highlight of a previous trip we will never forget.

http://www.birdforum.net/opus/Rocklands_Bird_Sanctuary
    Last edited by spottycatz; 10-10-2011 at 05:53 AM.
    Rise early, treat everyday as though it's your last and your last day as it's your first.

User Info Menu

Another vote for Mayfield Falls. I have done a number of the suggested day trips here. i think it beats dunns river falls which I have done 3 times, cause it is closer, the ride is more interestting, the falls were amazing, and 5here wereno lines or crowds or hurry. Round it off by stopping in sav la mar and do some shopping.. get a private driver $100-150. It's well woryh it..you cant go wrong

User Info Menu

Having done most of those , if you like natural rustic, then Mayfield river walk is a good choice. I thought the Pelican bar was fun too probably best with a bigger group.

User Info Menu

Luminous Lagoon is fun, but it is a REALLY far drive from Negril.

If cost is an issue, you can't beat Roaring River and Blue Hole Gardens -- 50 dolllars for a private driver (if you know how to bargain), six dollars to enter Blue Hole Gardens, and it is just amazingly beautiful, plus you get the river there, too.

Also, you do Rhodes Hall practically for free -- 100 j cab ride per person, five dollars entrance fee -- and it's not only super nice there, but it only takes 15 minutes, so theoretically you can that PLUS another excursion .....

Pelican bar is not worth the long drive IMHO ....

User Info Menu

Haven't been to Mayfield, but loved it when we did the YS Falls/Pelican bar combo on a previous trip. YS Falls is beautiful, with lots to do. After that, lunch at this wonderful side-of-the-road restaurant. And then finish it of with a relaxing few hours chilling out at the Pelican Bar. There are several other places close, but the Pelican bar definately gets my vote for the "Best Place to Have a Red Stripe" award.

Its a few hours driving time, but worth it.