Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hands up who still gets excited getting ready for the next trip

User Info Menu

I get nervous too! Heck, on my second trip in July '07, I was robbed of nearly all my money only two days before I left..thank God I went AI that trip or wouldn't have been able to do it..but there was a silver lining..I actually got the money back end of October, and it was a really unexpected blessing that enabled my third trip that November, so I guess it all worked out for the best. But Lord knows that ever since then I do heave a huge sigh of relief once all has gone well and I'm on that plane.

Heck, I know it's still a likkle ways off, but am prolly going to practice my packing in the next few days and see what all I will be fitting and/or taking with me, lol! Yup, got PNS bad! Especially since I finished reading "Walk Good" recently and loved every page...it had gotten to the point where I 'limited' my reading of it each day to stretch it out, but still it didn't last long enough..now I miss Negril more than ever!

User Info Menu

Pick me, pick me!!! Sooo excited! 4th time and cannot contain myself!

[/url]

User Info Menu

You know at 30 some trips in I always find myself trying to play the old reserved veteran on the plane, but as Cuba slides under our wings my reserves slip away and there I am glued to the window,,,, there's Lucy,,,, there's Hopewell,,,, we are coming in a little hot,,,,, mouth of MoBay,,,,, ahhhhhh home again sweet Jamaica

Soon come Thursday

Darn charters have had us hitting the rock at 7:00 p.m. the last few years, but this week we land at 11:00 a.m.,,, there is a lot to be said for that leisurely roll across taking in the sights of the surf and hills as the sea salt wind tickles your nose, Hi-Lites, The Palms, Peters all de-compression stops. The down side being that early morning rise for that way to early morning flight, but that is oh so softened in the mind knowing I'll lay down to a tree frog seranade that evening
    I have won many awards in a lifetime of competition and service. But the highest was offered without plaque or fanfare on a hilltop in post Ivan Jamaica. A true Rasta and a dear friend observed "Chet you are like a father of men, you see need and fulfill that need without being asked". Let us be travelers and not tourist.

User Info Menu

After 100 or so trips (lost count) I still get excited...how can you not,,,,,,hehe.

User Info Menu

I saw this post and thought; thank god it's not just me. Each year we book our flights in April so the dates are set and I'm on the vacation calendar at work. Then around July I begin researching what’s available and where we want to stay during our time there. By August our accommodations are prepaid. Now I begin to look over my packing list from previous trips and begin revisions. In a week or two I'll begin to stock pile in the corner of our bedroom.
    So I guess for me I spread the excitement over the entire year. It is what gets me through the daily grind of life knowing that in just a few weeks it will just be me and my husband. No kids or jobs. Just the time we need to reconnect and refind each other to get us through the next year until we can return again. Co-workers and friends ask why we don't go somewhere else, my response is that I could spend the rest of my life traveling to different parts of the island and still not see everything Jamaica has to offer.
    Legends BananaShout HardingHall Xtabi NBCC RondellVillage

User Info Menu

for us we get more excited every year, we pre book our seats on the plane for about 20.00 each so i can get my preferred seat by the window on the right hand side of the plane so i get full view of jamaica and the mountains then comes doctors cave beach then touchdown, soon come

User Info Menu

As I put away our summer clothes I pack them into our suitcases for Negril so on the off chance I win the lottery I'm ready to go!!!!! I too have a list and stockpile in the corner as I pick it up: sunscreen,check, foldup cooler,check, floaties,check. We booked with another carrier this year and have a higher weight limit so will be bringing extra things to leave behind. Wish I could get my countdown ticker to work.

User Info Menu

Yay!!! I finally got it!!!!

User Info Menu

I always get excited too! I leave for Hawaii on Thursday, for a week but my co-workers said are you still going to Hawaii, cause you don't talk about it like you do when you go to Jamaica cause we know about your Jamaica trips months before and non-stop LOL!!!!! I've never been to Hawaii, but I'm sure it will be fun.......but come on December it's back home for mi!!!!

User Info Menu

Jeri365 "Now I begin to look over my packing list from previous trips and begin revisions. In a week or two I'll begin to stock pile in the corner of our bedroom. So I guess for me I spread the excitement over the entire year. It is what gets me through the daily grind of life knowing that in just a few weeks it will just be me and my husband."

I hear ya....oh my goodness that is just what I do. Pull up last years packing list. Revise and start piles. We had gone 2-3 times a year that I got to the point where I would just take the stuff out when we return, wash it and put it in the "going back to Jamaica" pile.

You got to keep the momentum going. Love logging on everyday. Planning what do to do on the next trip, where to stay, etc. It is all part of the fun of vacation. Because soon come will be the Jamaican Depression that sets in when you return.