Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Box food/roadside cook shop scene in Negril

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Box food/roadside cook shop scene in Negril

What is the scene like in Negril these days for box food? Share your favorites here.

User Info Menu

Re: Box food/roadside cook shop scene in Negril

downtown corner bar is the place now....good portions and good prices.....jamaicans love it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by redground View Post
    downtown corner bar is the place now....good portions and good prices.....jamaicans love it
    Is that the name of the yellow place on the corner right as you make the left to go towards the cliffs? It is always packed and there is not signage to suggest a name.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RonMon View Post
    Is that the name of the yellow place on the corner right as you make the left to go towards the cliffs? It is always packed and there is not signage to suggest a name.
    It's mostly wooden with yellow windows, but yeah that's the place. The official name is "Seaview Sports Bar". I thought I saw some signage to that effect, but I could be wrong.

Recently, my go-to cook shop has been Mango Tree, across the road from Catcha and on the same property as T-Birds on the Cliffs. Good, inexpensive food and a menu that changes daily. On my last trip, I had a nice piece of bonita. Usually not crowded, except for a taxi driver or the occasional tourist wandering in. The staff at Mirage turned me on this place, as this is where they go for lunch. Fast service, too!

User Info Menu

There is a good cook shop directly across the lane from Drifters Bar. There is no sign but you will see the takeout windows and lots of locals there. You can also eat there at the counter. Good food and generous helpings.

User Info Menu

I love that spot....feels like you're back in the countryside at a cook shop. Is it called Ms. Jean's?

User Info Menu

Bump for 2017...any new suggestions?

User Info Menu

Miss Bucks on the same side of the road from the corner bar going up towards the cliffs. It sets back in a little strip mall. Nice food. Good price. Have desserts and breakfast takeout also.