Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Places to Eat

User Info Menu

Places to Eat

So it seems that not to many people travel to this part of the island because its hard to get any kind of info on things. But here goes. Going to spend a week at Great Huts in Boston Bay after a week in Negril. This is our first trip to Port Antonio and I am excited. I am just wondering if there are any great places to eat that I just shouldn't miss because great food is a major part of why I like to travel. It will be interesting to see if I get any response to this!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Re: Places to Eat

You will absolutely love great huts! Which room did you pick?? I'll be back in fig tree in less than 2 months.. Good options are pretty limited compared to negril.. We tried the Italian job and it was just ok in my opinion.. There is a place called dickies best kept secret, it was high on our list to try but never made it there (Jamaica, need I say more).. Piggys jerk spot was some of the best I had on the island.. Very easy to find right on the edge of downtown PA if your headed towards great huts it's one of the last cook shops kinda by the water.. Do yourself a favor if the Boston jerk center is open and pass on it.. I think they area still closed for health code reasons which explains why I got very sick after eating there!! The food at great huts wasn't bad. I would go check out gee jam next time! There is another place that's pretty popular in between porty and great huts but can't recall the name for the life of me!! Just enjoy yourself! It's a beautiful part of the island

User Info Menu

we are staying in Bamboo Treehouse I am glad to hear you liked it. I am super excited to do something different. Thanks for the advice.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Scotch Bonnet Restaurant in the Match Resort Hotel (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
    Woody’s Low Bridge Place (lunch & dinner) on the main road, right side as you head into town.
    The Italian Job for pizza (lunch & dinner) in town location
    Bushbar on the Geejam property (dinner) for a special elegant experience
    Bikini Beach Bar & Grille (lunch & dinner) beach access from down town, at the end of the marina
    Anna Banana (breakfast, lunch & dinner) on the right side as you enter into town
    Piggy’s (lunch & dinner) very casual, local food, in town location, at the point Wonderful jerk chicken
    The Urban Spoon (lunch & dinner) very casual, local food, located on the 2nf floor of the mall,

As you enter town, there is a new craft market on the seaside. There are two restaurants and bar in there. I don’t remember the names of the places but both have great food. The restaurant to the far end, closest to the road has some of best cakes I ever had in Jamaica.

Of course there’s the Boston Jerk Center and surrounding cook shops. Also the Great Huts has a very nice restaurant as well.

Dickie’s is poplar, but I would pass on his place.

User Info Menu

wilkins is near the Ramtulla grocery store
    Soilder Camp -check tripadvisor for details
    Boston Jerk at the end of the Great Huts lane if they are open again great pork sausage there is also a jerk restaurant next to the nightclub walking distance from Great Huts and a jerk center at Boston Beach as well as other cook shops on that lane
    Mockingbird has a good restaurant I am told
    Trident has Saturday night jazz and dinner
    Woody's as Vi mentioned is a MUST
    Marybelle's on the Pier
    Great Huts has a cultural show on I believe Saturday nights and dinner there is very good
    Zilla's in town - box food place good and cheap

User Info Menu

There is a nightclub within walking distance from great huts??

User Info Menu

I enjoyed all the meals I mentioned except Dickies. I mean people do rave about it and it is a very interesting structure, but after three visits, I can’t recommend it.

Although the Boston Jerk Center has re-opened and back in business, you might want to scope it out before selecting a place to eat. You’ll have plenty of opportunity to do so since you enter the Great Huts through the center.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 541lion View Post
    YES I haven't been but it's right next to the big jerk restaurant, yards from Boston Jerk Lane.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 541lion View Post
    after you exit the jerk center, turn right. It's a rust color, cement building next to Curley's restaurant.

User Info Menu

To be clear, the jerk center includes all of those little buildings??