Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Portland Videos

User Info Menu

Portland Videos

Please feel free to add yours

User Info Menu

Re: Portland Videos

Boston Beach

This is from 2014. The area in the video looks much different now. They’ve added a rest room, cabanas and renovated the restaurant. I will update the video as soon as I find which media card has my most recent visit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfm2IPpcXL0

User Info Menu

Finally got to watch! Can't wait for more

User Info Menu

Winnifred Beach

Located in the Fairy Hill district. Again, there have been nice improvements and additions to this beach also. At one time, the government was trying to take over and privatize the beach, but the residents and vendors fought and won the fight to keep the beach public. They work constantly to keep the beach clean and safe.

Oh, because of the jagged coral bed close to the shore, water shoes are a MUST! There are narrow short paths that are clear, but you have to know where they are. Once out past the “dark” areas, the sand is soft and the water is delightful.

Cynthia’s restaurant is the building to the far right from where the woman in uniform is exiting. I’ve seen chartered buses come down that challenging path/road to let off loads of hungry folks to have meals there. My last memorable meal was curried chicken. DELICIOUS!

The “spotted” building to the left of the video is also a poplar spot. They specialize in soup. Great Stuff!

For a drink and conversation, visit I-Cliff’s stand. That the little building behind the two lounges which he rents for $5.

I’ll soon provide better video(s) of Winnifred Beach. This one is a little lengthy and lot shaky…blame it on the juice!

https://youtu.be/wThSPxndal8

User Info Menu

Sweet Portland, sigh

Nice Vi!

User Info Menu

Winnifred looks awesome

User Info Menu

Ahhhhh!! Music in the 2nd video makes me "feel" like we are there! PERFECT video and background music!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

View from the verandah at Fairy Hill “Guesthouse in 2014. It was a tad bit breezy up there so I apologize for not doing a better job of buffering the sound. It may be more enjoyable to mute the sound while watching. It’s one of my favorite videos because it shows a decent view of beauty that thrives in Portland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKFbBbVq90k

User Info Menu

Ahh, refreshing!! Missing Ja. BAD!!!!!!!! ;(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

sweet portland!