Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headed Back to Treasure Beach

User Info Menu

Re: Headed Back to Treasure Beach

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin, PA View Post
    TB seems to be more our pace these days. I hope the secret isn't out!
    Given the tumbleweeds that often collect in this South Coast forum, and the Trip Advisor forum, I'd say our secret is fairly safe at the moment. LOL

I do love the place. St Elizabeth is definitely my speed, and pretty much has everything I want out of a vacation.

User Info Menu

...Not that safe ...anymore ...there's always somebody ..searchin' around

User Info Menu

Johng, wish I had a nickel for every time you did rave about that area!! Could have bought a property there with my earnings!!! !!!We fell in love with it and really do not see our time spent anywhere else. We didn't do too much touring around as we just walked and explored and let the chill vibe set our pace! It truly is a treasure and I won't be screaming from too many roof tops. We joked about coming home and tellinganyonewho asked that it was " meh, okay" because we don't want to lose the charm, but man oh man have already arranged our room for next year. We stayed at Katamah and loved it. No tv in the room, no a/c, but what a beautiful property. Moni and Simon have really made it a beautiful, warm, wonderful place. Our room was beyond beautiful in an old style Jamaican way, and the staff on the property made you feel so at home. Our 30 th wedding anniversary is next Feb 28 so we will definitely celebrate it in Jamaica as it all began there on the beach, just as special!
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

hey_mon,

Very happy to hear of your positive vibes and enjoyment in Treasure Beach. There are many options in JA all of which have their own charm and beauty. There are a few more places around the south coast that are nice too but TB offers everything in a small area. After visiting Negril for many visits I figured there has to be more to see hence I toured around the island several times and found spots like TB, and others in the mountains, no sea but cool breezes and fruits and herbs for the picking. Met many very fine Jamaicans along the way some I stay in touch with after 35 years.

Now you have experienced an alternative to Negril if you so choose.

User Info Menu

Spiff - Dubloon looks very nice!!! I think the "secret" is out a bit. This year it seemed there were more tourists around (but I still saw more goats than tourists on my daily walks). Many of the villas were rented for some of the time we were there though. Glad to see - it really helps the people of TB.

User Info Menu

Yes Johng, and the journey continues. Thinking the north east coast next perhaps, and spent a few days above the clouds this year. Happened on a grave digging up there one day. So honoured to be asked to be part of their celebration and such breathtaking views up in that part of the country and so much more to explore! Not finished yet! Far from it!
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Well hey_mon,

The possibilities are endless. North east coast, Portland offers some really beautiful opportunities. Another Parish is St. Thomas and Blue Mountain Peak there is a really cool Hostel called Whitfield Hall at the base of the trail to the peak. http://www.whitfieldhall.com/#!spa/cg47 the hike to the top is not that difficult but well worth the effort.

All depends on how much you want to challenge yourself and how much time do you have to spend. You have seen enough to figure out a good plan.