Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for places to stay in Treasure Beach?

User Info Menu

Recommendations for places to stay in Treasure Beach?

We'll be taking our second trip to Jamaica in October, and have been checking out Katamah- either the "Cool Breezy Cabin on the Beach" or the "Habibi in the Moroccan Villa" sound really nice. Has anybody stayed there recently? Any suggestions for similar type places in TB? We'll be exploring on foot- so hopefully within a 15-20 minute walking distance of restaurants would be ideal. Thanks for any input!

User Info Menu

Re: Recommendations for places to stay in Treasure Beach?

We stayed there last year, we were in one of the cabins, I'm not sure what the name was though. It wasn't the one closest to the beach, a little further back and it had a cool outdoor shower and bathroom setup. We liked it overall, just thought the fridge and kitchen in general could have been cleaner. Guess that's what you get with a shared kitchen. It is a cool little setup though, very unique.

User Info Menu

TAH, thanks for that info. The one we're thinking about, described as "Cool Breezy Cabin"- has an outdoor shower. The other cabin had the whole bathroom outdoors, if I remember right. Either one sounds good to us. Easy walking to restaurants?
    Last edited by BaileysMom; 02-26-2016 at 08:48 PM.

User Info Menu

We just got back from a week at Katamah, spent time in both the cabin you are speaking of and the Habibi. Honestly cannot say I enjoyed one more than the other, only that I fell in lovewiththe property. So very beautiful and convenient to everything. We walked everywhere,no need to cab or otherwise. Smurfs for breakfast, Jack Sprats, Jakes, Diners Delight, Frenchmans Reef all very convenient.
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Hey-mon... I'm ready to go right now. Sounds great to me!

User Info Menu

Uh oh! I booked the cabin at Katamah, only to receive an email from the owner a few hours later, advising that the reservation was an automated response, and that they can't take reservations for after June 10th at this point, due to a land dispute. She's hoping they'll get the right to stay open, but as of now, now reservations are being taken beyond June 10. Disappointed that we won't be able to experience time at Katamah, but I'm sure my disappointment is nowhere near as big as their disappointment must be. *sigh* Ok, back to searching for the perfect place to stay in October!

User Info Menu

BaileysMom,

Perfect place to stay in October???? That's a tough one. Although not Perfect I like and stay at Sunset Resort & Villas, run by a an American man and his Jamaican wife. Located on the cliffs within 2 minutes to several nice beaches. His website is http://www.sunsetresort.com/#!/

His name is Kory and his family has owned property there since the 50's so he is pretty well known. He has two Villa's that have fully equipped kitchens several bedrooms, bathroom with hot water, etc.. also nice veranda's facing the west for awesome sunsets. He also has a very clean pool for guests only. Never anybody hanging around that is not a guest or employee. 5 minute walk to Jack Sprat's, and Jakes so Sunset Resort is well located for walking. Also taxi service available at fair prices.

Name:  Sunset Resort.JPG
Views: 828
Size:  77.1 KBName:  Cool Drink.JPG
Views: 745
Size:  80.7 KB

User Info Menu

Thanks JohnG- I'll check Sunset Resort out. Also looking at Calabash House, which is more like a bed and breakfast type place, on the beach. So many choices...

User Info Menu

There definitely are a lot of choices. I normally deal with Treasure Tours to find my spot, but we rent Villas, and have about eight people in our group. Still may be worth an email. They are a wealth of knowledge.

Sunset Resort does have a great location, being right between Calabash and Frenchman's bays. It looks nice, and I will probably check it out properly next trip in December. We *may* have an extra couple coming for part of the trip in December. Since we don't have an extra bedroom for them in Doubloon, they are going to get a room at Sunset, as it is really close by.

JohnG, do you know if Sunset Resort has a satellite TV in their bar? I would love to watch some NFL there in December if they do!

User Info Menu

BaileysMom; check out Kudehya guesthouse.