Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We did it! Trip Report

User Info Menu

Re: We did it! Trip Report

Sort of making me regret not doing PA again for part of our upcoming visit to the island. It's so much different than Negril. In fact, if I ever ran into money, and moved to Jamaica, I would probably make my home on that part of the island and visit Negril every few months.

User Info Menu

Irie Always, thank you so much for sharing your Portland experience and pictures. So nice so see others visiting there and posting their feelings about that wonderfully unique parish. Great you covered some ground so you got to see some really beautiful spots. The pictures of Winnifred Beach has me missing that place bad.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flipadelphia26 View Post
    Sort of making me regret not doing PA again for part of our upcoming visit to the island. It's so much different than Negril. In fact, if I ever ran into money, and moved to Jamaica, I would probably make my home on that part of the island and visit Negril every few months.
    I would go with that plan to. Yet we haven't been to PA or the South Coast. But the pictures has us wanting to try it out. It looks more of a local vibe and warm country feeling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    Sweet report mang! Reach Falls looks amazing....

Anybody else see the face in the tree- or is it just me going to way too many Grateful Dead shows?!?!?!??!?!? bahahahaha

Attachment 44954
    I see it but it may be too many shows for me too lol.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flipadelphia26 View Post
    When we win the lottery, Flip, that's where we're going to hide out! Got a few places on the Blue Lagoon all picked out! Or just stay at Trident at a mere $2,500 a night. Plus tax.

It's very different from Negril. Negril is sort of like the dry end of the island to me, but Portland is much wetter and more rainforest and more jungly. It's beautiful! The sea is totally different!

And since we are doing this with a humungo lottery win, Flip - we'll take you to Negril weekly, if you want!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I would go with that plan to. Yet we haven't been to PA or the South Coast. But the pictures has us wanting to try it out. It looks more of a local vibe and warm country feeling.
    You're right, Vince. It is much more local! The people seem almost shyer - not unfriendly or stand-offish at all - just shyer. They were super super nice and very welcoming! It's different geographically from Negril, so the atmosphere and vibe are going to be different. It's farther between places. And the roads aren't as good as in and around Negril. And, yes, I said that correctly! Negril has the Autobahn compared to Portland! You don't want to walk that road up to Reach Falls! Seriously? In some parts it's 90 degrees ... like |! And you don't want to meet even a bike on the road when you're driving it - not only no budget for roads, but clearly no budget for such extravagances as guard rails. And it's a pretty long way down some of those curbs! Our driver was expert! Kudos to him. There were several places where avoiding a pot hole on the curve was a "Hail Mary and grab the Holy Crap Handles" moment! LOL

User Info Menu

sounds like my type of hang out places over there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M&G Montreal View Post
    When we win the lottery, Flip, that's where we're going to hide out! Got a few places on the Blue Lagoon all picked out! Or just stay at Trident at a mere $2,500 a night. Plus tax.

It's very different from Negril. Negril is sort of like the dry end of the island to me, but Portland is much wetter and more rainforest and more jungly. It's beautiful! The sea is totally different!

And since we are doing this with a humungo lottery win, Flip - we'll take you to Negril weekly, if you want!

LOL, thanks!

User Info Menu

I'm back from business trip will complete report very soon - Thanks to everyone for following along.

User Info Menu

Next morning, great breakfast once more and off we headed back to San San Beach. 700ja entrance fee to enjoy the property. They do have a restaurant and bar and changing rooms - very quiet place and we did luck out with a perfect weather day. We had one of the local boats take us out for a little ride over to Blue Lagoon. WOW !!! Super nice but not sure if you can access the property by land - seemed to be like private property. Charlie’s B-Day today - but he decided to stay back at the hotel. On the beach at San San I spotted a empty bottle and when I turned it over ……….. Charlie - couldn’t believe it - so I took it along for the ride

Name:  20160131_101040 (768x1024).jpg
Views: 444
Size:  93.6 KB

Name:  20160131_101050 (768x1024).jpg
Views: 431
Size:  95.2 KB

Name:  20160131_105124 (768x1024).jpg
Views: 439
Size:  57.8 KB

Name:  20160131_105529 (768x1024).jpg
Views: 383
Size:  95.1 KB