Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Air Canada from Toronto But What is Best Airline From Tampa, Florida?

User Info Menu

Air Canada from Toronto But What is Best Airline From Tampa, Florida?

Maybe some of my Boardie friends can give me a bit of advice. From now on, when I am going to Jamaica, I will probably be flying from having spent some time before hand in Tampa Bay. Please give me some ideas about what American airlines to use. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: Air Canada from Toronto But What is Best Airline From Tampa, Florida?

Nothing good from Tampa, its better to fly out of Orlando (MCO) where you can get a Nonstop flight at a decent price (I like Southwest, with 2 checked bags free).

Hopefully your friends will give you a ride, or get a 1-day car rental to get from Tampa to MCO (no good public transportation available and shuttles are expensive). I have been getting good car rental prices from Southwest (At the top of their home page click on Car, then click Car Offers and look at Details of the top 3 Reward Partners. Write down the various codes in the deals, and plug them into the search window. You have to manually select additional vendors and add their codes). When you reserve through Southwest, you can change or cancel anytime before the rental period starts, and although they take your credit card info for the reservation, it is not charged until you return the car.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Nothing good from Tampa, its better to fly out of Orlando (MCO) where you can get a Nonstop flight at a decent price (I like Southwest, with 2 checked bags free).
    EDIT: Nevermind, I was wrong.
    Last edited by BrianJM; 03-08-2016 at 11:40 AM.

User Info Menu

Thanks Lola. I might have known. Maybe I'll just drag that mobile over to Orlando and stick it there! ahahhaha

User Info Menu

You can fly from Tampa if you don't mind 1 stop + baggage fees. I use Orbitz to see what is available and then look at (and book from) the individual airline sites. I check it for both Tampa and MCO.

User Info Menu

You can fly on Spirit out of Tampa, but I prefer Southwest so drive an extra hour to fly from Orlando. It's cheaper to fly SW than spirit by the time you add in all the stuff Spirit charges extra for. But if you're not checking baggage and don't care what seat you get, Spirit could be cheaper.