Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you only had one night in Negril????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

If you only had one night in Negril????

Last year we intentionally left one night open without a hotel booked and landed at Rondell Village. It was a chance for us to see and feel the place. Now I know where I will book when we travel to Jamaica with extended family.
    We are going to do this again the week of Nov 20th, but I would be interested in some feedback from you'all.

If you had only one night in Negril, either beach or Cliffs, where would you stay and why there.
    Legends BananaShout HardingHall Xtabi NBCC RondellVillage

User Info Menu

Well Jeri, it would depend a lot on what night it was. Afterall, a Saturday night I might recommend Seastar for the show and party etc. My inclination would be to recommend you spend the day/night outside of Negril to get your feet wet elsewhere on the island. You could go to a lot of super areas like Bluefields, Treasure Beach etc. One special place I really like is the Ashton Great House outside of Black River.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...h_Jamaica.html

I don't know the current cost per night but it was about $40 last time I stayed. beautiful pool. large expanse of farmland with animals. Dining Room and great food too.

BTW, I am traveling with a "newbie" from just outside Madison this upcomming trip as Gov. Walker is forcing him into retirement early!

Peace and Guidance.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Banana Shout (cliffs) as it is our favourite place and first place we ever stayed in Negril...very private with only 4 cottages, great sunset views and you sleep to the sounds of the sea. Also close to LTU for great meals and views, walking distance to Out of Town Pastry for patties, close to Ras Rody's for great Ital food, up the road to Seastar for happy hour or Saturday night buffet/entertainment...or if you want to hangout and enjoy the property..arrange with Milo a lobster dinner right on your patio.

User Info Menu

depends on how much $$ there is to spend. I would love to stay in a seaside cottage at Catcha or beachside at Idle Awhile--but wouldn't necessarily trust that I could do a walk-in at either.

User Info Menu

so if I had only one night in Negril, first I would CRY....then somehow I would find a way for more that one day if I could (lol)

......but I have done this also - one night in Negril before going to Treasure Beach and then back to negril. I decided on Tensing Pen and it was fabulous......I love catcha falling star though so that would be my first choice (I was trying somewhere knew so did Tensing). If I had the $$$ would love to stay at Rockhouse or Caves (a girl can dream).
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Catcha Falling Star.....Nothing else compares.

User Info Menu

I quite like here > http://www.villassurmer.com/villa.html

or catcha falling star

Or The seastar inn because if you only have one night.You have to know everything is going to be perfect and I know Seastar deliver everytime on that score.

User Info Menu

I think I would like to try this place. Looks very peaceful for a few days, and a nice change. Has anyone been here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqyLb1tb6wo OK, it's not Negril, but I'm looking for new possibilities.
    Last edited by x l ent; 10-12-2011 at 08:28 AM.

User Info Menu

We have stayed at Banana Shout many times and it will be our fallback if we don't find someplace new. I was thinking of trying out the Skyview cottage at Fun Holiday. Or perhaps the Cottage offerings at Kuyaba. There is always the Honeymoon Suite option at Kuyaba too, but 100 US is what we usually budget for a night stay and the Honeymoon Suite is a bit more than that.
    We visited Chppewa Village and did a look around last year. I'm posting another question regarding that property soon. It seemed as if it had seen better days and needs some TLC. But again it is only one night and I can stay one night just about anywhere.
    Legends BananaShout HardingHall Xtabi NBCC RondellVillage

User Info Menu

The cottage set up at Kuyaba is cute and you could email to see if there are any specials on the honeymoon suite.There is a pool at fun holiday though