Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help with Hotel Advice for 1st Time Visitors Please

User Info Menu

Re: Need Help with Hotel Advice for 1st Time Visitors Please

If you can get the Pisces room, or one of the Geminii rooms you would be very pleased with the price. These are inexpensive rooms at Catcha. They are nice. The staff here is awesome. I actually prefer them over the bigger suites.

User Info Menu

I believe the slight drop in ratings for CCLP was due to the increase in the number of rooms. Their remodel and addition to the old Coco Inn was fabulous and hugely successful. We stayed there for 12 days right when the new rooms opened (April 2015). Management was caught off guard by the quick increase in guests and did not plan far enough ahead in the hiring and training of additional cooks, wait staff, etc... There were some abnormally long waits for breakfast, but it was "no problem" as the view there is spectacular ! ! The quality of food or service never suffered, just a little longer wait then normal. A email from CCLP a few weeks after our trip explained the situation and apologized for the inconvenience. They assured everyone that the issues have been identified and was being addressed.

We are booked again at CCLP for 12 days in April and can not wait to return.

User Info Menu

Coco is a great place on the beach and Catcha has a place in our hearts on the cliffs.We use to party like rock stars at Hedo for 6 days and then spend 5 days chilling at Catcha.The changing hotels is like everyone else said,1 hour and it is over.

User Info Menu

Forgot to mention that Bradly and Kevin are both amazing bartenders and Barbra is a great manager who happens to like Jager!

User Info Menu

Hi, my husband and I in our mid 60's with 2 adult daughters took our first trip to Jamaica this past January, and we stayed a week at Coco la Palm. It was absolutely fabulous, and after checking out all of the other hotel choices we "almost" picked, we felt we had made the best choice. We stayed beachfront, which is more expensive, but right on the sand. We loved it so much that my husband and I are taking another couple with us to Coco next January, and already have our beachfront rooms booked (the first 2 rooms we wanted were already booked over a year in advance). Of course, off the beach within the resort is great too, and less costly. We absolutely loved the hotel! You can stay in the newer portion which in our opinion is a little "vanilla" even though newer and fresher. We go for character and flavor above all, and that's what we got when we stayed in the Coco Villa #532 - our own patio on the beach, enough room for the 4 of us, just heavenly. People were wonderful, beach the very best, plenty of trees for shade. This is our new yearly "go to" place! However, teh wifi was really sporadic, which was a bother. Wherever you stay will probably be great, as there are lots of great little hotels along the beach, all depending on your budget and personal preferences. Cliffs are great to visit, but we wouldn't stay there (although many would beg to differ...) Negril is such a diverse and beautiful place, there is "just the right place" for everyone! Enjoy your trip!