Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flights from NYC to MBJ

User Info Menu

Flights from NYC to MBJ

Wow, prices have skyrocketed. RT tickets from NYC are now between 800 and 1000 dollars for a late November trip. Sticker shock! When I was dreaming about a Thanksgiving trip a few months ago tickets were well under 400. I was contemplating a quick short getaway since we are getting extra time off over Thanksgiving--but I am going to have to hold out till sometime in 2012 now. Sigh. If anyone hears of any crazy-good deals, please let me know.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I know ......I still haven't gotten my ticket yet for Dec.....from ATL it's 800.00!!!!!!! for the dates I want, but I went out one day further and it's 622.00 DANG!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Humm. That seems fishy. I can fly Delta from Salt Lake City though ATL to MBJ round trip for under $800. I think it's maybe 1500 miles farther each way

User Info Menu

It's gotten totally crazy the past few weeks. Over $1000 certain days from DC? Insane! Traveling different days are a bit cheaper, but not that much! This used to be a cheap flight! Glad we booked early, but have people who wanted to join us that won't be making it with these kinda prices!

User Info Menu

yeah, it is over the top. I was going to do a quickie trip the Wednesday the 23rd returning Sunday the 27th just for a few days of R n R. But once you add taxes direct flights over 1000 and indirect (sometimes taking 20 hours!) over 800. I have never paid more than 400 for a ticket. So then I started thinking about Christmas as we usually take the week between Christmas and New Years off. But prices even more then! I may be priced out of my Jamaican travels.

User Info Menu

when checking flights out of atlanta last month the cheapest flight had me flying to freaking Canada then to orlando then mo bay. ridiculous!

User Info Menu

yeah the cheapest flights for me fly to panama city then MBJ! crazy. Then at Christmas cheapest went to Canada and then direct from there to MBJ--just insane to fly in the opposite direction for hours.

User Info Menu

I think part of the trouble is the days I want to travel on are peak travel days--thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year

User Info Menu

just found something a little cheaper. 659! Still quite high for me but in the consideration range. It would be a direct flight to MBJ from NYC but then on the way back I would fly to Kingston (where I have never been) in the morning, stay the night and fly home early in the morning and go directly to my work in NY from the airport. It might be kind of fun--if I could figure out a reasonable safe place to stay in Kingston and some place to hang out for the day. So I am not giving up hope--gonna try different combos and keep searching and may end up in Negril for Thanksgiving after all. If not Thanksgiving, then Christmas.